Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new guy!

Howdy all! My name is Shane Rakow, and Nebraska is my home. Some people like to refer to Nebraska as the "floor drain" of the U.S., and some days, I tend to agree. There's lots of corn, soybeans, and, well, flat ground. I've cooked all my life, and have always appreciated the craft of smoking foods to perfection. Multiple smokers are in my line-up: offset,pellet,vertical, and a hole in the ground, and love them all for what they can do. I've been lurking around reading, and trying to familiarize myself with the website for a week or so. The information here is incredible, informative, and researched. Thanks so much for the help you have already shown me regarding bacon, and ham curing from Meathead, Jerod, and Huskee!

Greetings, Shane ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome man!! Don't forget the deer in Nebraska!

You do any bird chasing with them dogs?

Comment

• Shane Rakow
        Shane Rakow commented
        Editing a comment
        Love to chase the birds! Season opens end of this month.

Welcome! I have heard "There is nothing to stop the wind between Canada and Nebraska, but a barbed wire fence." before... My Father lived there for a couple of years in Sidney.

Comment

Welcome Shane Rakow

Comment

Hey Shane! Welcome another new guy If you're into listening to podcasts make sure to check out the PitCast!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Shane Rakow. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
            • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore MD! 😎

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Shane!

Comment

Howdy, neighbor, and welcome!

I'm right down here in NE KS.

When the weather is right, reckon we can smell each others smoke!

Comment

I remember the first time I saw Nebraska, about 45 yrs ago. I was driving on the straightest, longest road I had ever seen, and there was corn on both sides, forever. Welcome aboard the train to Pittville. Enjoy the ride & keep cooking!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Shane Rakow

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Shane Rakow

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here