Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Y'all!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Y'all!! :)

Steve here,
    Up in the stormy northwest today. Not much of a day for grill'n! I've been a life time griller, but don't have much expertise in the art of smoking. I was doing some research on different smokers and stumbled across this site. I've been looking at the Traegers at my local Costco but after reading reviews I'm now looking closer at the Green Mountain Grills with WIFI. It just so happens my local fireplace shop carries them at an even cheaper price. I'm looking forward to trying new recipes and meats and honing my smoking skills. I'd like to start attending some events and meeting you good folks also. That event coming to the Bahamas in February sounds like a lot of fun, I'm still trying to figure if I can make that work! Any how It's a nasty rainy day up here in Poulsbo WA, so I'm going to spend some time looking over this site learning what I can from the masters! Take it easy and I hope to 'meat' some of you in the future!

Welcome BigHoss

Comment

Welcome to the Pit BigHoss! Sorry for your rainy day, however we really need one of those as it has not rained her in middle Tennessee in weeks. Hope to see you around the Pit often!

Comment

Welcome and super coolness on the pellet prices!!

Comment

Welcome aboard Hoss, Big Hoss. Always wanted to call someone Hoss & now I have. One more thing off my bucket list. Good fortune with the pellet purchase. We've recently had a few peeps working with new Green Mountain gear. Might want to browse to find what they've been up to. Glad to have you in the world of smoke, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome, BigHoss ! I love yer avatar! Was it your birthday? At a Mexican restaurant? 's what they do, here...
            (I, too, have pics of me, wearing 'The Sombrero of Shame!' LOL!!!, thanks to my BFF! She narc'd on me while we was there eatin', told 'em it was my B-Day. Then she commenced to takin' pitchers...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 15, 2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• PBCDad
              PBCDad commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha, we tried doing that to my dad on his birthday once, but when the waiters came he pointed to my mom like it was really her birthday! She had to sit through the whole song with the sombrero of shame

Greetings Steve ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, Md!

Comment

Howdy BigHoss, welcome to the Pit. I have an older Traeger that is a bit better built than the newer ones and I have smoked just about everything in it. It's a good unit, but I can't speak for the newer ones.

Comment

BigHoss, Welcome to "The Pit", Steve! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Sorry I can't offer any advice on a Pellet Smoker, I'm a Weber Kettle & S 'n S or COS User Primarily!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

A very belated welcome to The Pit BigHoss! Nice of you to join up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the group, Steve!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here