Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grampa from SoCal here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grampa from SoCal here

Hi folks! Just went from freebie to full member, thought I'd stick around! I picked up "Meathead" awhile back, and was blown away - so much solid info on barbecuing and grilling! And then all the mythbusters! Fantastic! I'm afraid my collection of BBQ books have all been abandoned for "Meathead"!!! Anybody want 'em?

Our family all live close by here in southern California, and every Friday, the kids and grandkids all converge here for dinner. It's great to have everyone here, and more often than not, there's some serious BBQing going on. A couple years ago in this BBQ journey, I was apologizing to the family for over cooking the ribs a bit. My son-in-law, Adam, pops up with, "That's okay, Dad, you just keep trying and we'll be happy to eat the evidence!" They're still all eating the Q, and coming back for more!

Welcome grampa

Comment

Welcome! Keep on feeding them!

Comment

grampa We're glad you're staying around. By the way, you've got a great screen name! See you around the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to full membership!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from another grandpa.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit grampa ... 👍 Becoming a good pit master does have a way of attracting lots of company.😜 My kids and grandkids love it when I fire up my cookers for them too.

Comment

When the grandkids are sitting in the chairs and i am feeding the family with my best it just cant get any better, You go grampa!

Comment

Welcome grandpa in SoCal from grandpa in Louisiana. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit grampa! Nice to have you here with us, thanks for the support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome grampa That's awesome to have your family with you and enjoying your BBQing. You will learn a whole new world of BBQing here in the pit. Please don't be shy and ask any and all questions you may have. We are all here to help.

Comment

Welcome to the group, Grampa!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here. Make sure you check out the last meal ribs. Your boy will be blown away!!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Howdy grampa from way up here in The Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here