Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Texas

Have been visiting the site for a few weeks now to learn my way around. I am retired and have enough time to read a good bit and drool over all the pictures that I have seen! I have cooked all of my life and used many different types of equipment, mainly a AOG gas grill the last few years. I wanted to get back to charcoal, and after visiting, have just put into operation:
    Weber 22.5. After reading about leaks around the lid, I put Lava Lock gasket on it before using. Also drilled holes with silicone gaskets for my new 732. Got a SnS plus and grill grate that just came out. Also got a instant read.
    Cooked a 23 oz prime rib eye, reverse sear, for my first cook and it was great. Will learn to post pictures next.
    Looking forward to learning more!
    Billy

Welcome to the Pit, Billy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Billy !! Hang on, you are now entering A smoke zone and your gonna really enjoy it.

Comment

Welcome man!!

I'm in east Texas with probably 30 more years before I can retire. I figure 70 will be the new 65 before my 40 is up.

Comment

• Tx Aubie
          Tx Aubie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the welcome, I am just out from Columbus, west of Houston.

• Porterdriver
          Porterdriver commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome fellow Texican. I am from an Island somewhere near Texas. Retirement is great, you get to forget what day it is because everyday is a Saturday!

Welcome to The Pit Tx Aubie. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Your introduction is great and you've got some mighty fine equipment. We do have many pictures that are drool worthy. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome Tx Aubie

Comment

Howdy Tx Aubie

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Aubie. Where in Texas?

Question about the holes and grommets- which grommets, what size? One larger hole for both or two holes? What diameter hole(s)?

Comment

• Tx Aubie
                  Tx Aubie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I ordered the silicon grommets from Maverick. One hole for each probe about food grate level on the opposite side from the SnS. They said hole size 5/16 but I think I went up one size so the grommet fit better. Go to the site for the unit and then to parts.
                  Outside Columbus, west of Houston.

• Bruce R
                  Bruce R commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aubie. Will do.

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Tx Aubie. Billie, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! Another long time Weber User Here! Over 40Yrs of experimenting with varying degrees of Success, Spent the Spring of 2015 in A Nursing Home, recovering from a Fall, with my iPad Devouring Amazing Ribs and "The Pit"! This Site and the Members truly taught me a lot about BBQ and Grill and Smoker Temp Control! If you haven't I strongly encourage you to go to the S 'n S Site @ AdrenalineBBQCo.Com Huskee (Aaron) and David Parrish (Dave) have an excellent Tutorial on Temp Control of the
                  Weber Kettle!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	229256

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tx Aubie! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Billy - where in Texas are you? I'm in San Antonio. I don't have grill grates but my kettle set up is otherwise pretty much like yours. Here's a pic of my weekend BBQ project done on my WSM 22:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161009_173749.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	229268

Comment

• Tx Aubie
                        Tx Aubie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Outside Columbus.
                        Pass me the one on the left!

Welcome to The Pit Tx Aubie / Billy! Greetings from MI. Nice to have you here. Congrats on the slew of new gear, you are well prepared!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here