Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member but use the site a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member but use the site a lot

Just wanted to say hi and look forward to picking yinz (yes, I'm from da burgh) brains a bit. I'm one step up from rank amateur; I've done lots of ribs, chicken, turkey, brisket and pork shoulder and all have turned out very well but still have lots to learn. I smoke with a WSM22, a Party Q and a Maverick 733 wireless thermometer. Charcoal is the standard Kingsford and I use oak and/or hickory for just about everything. I joined the site to ask a specific question (but knowing that I'll have many more) so when I find out where to post it (Need advice on huge prime brisket) I will give the details.

Thanks in advance!
    Tim
    Last edited by AltimusPrime; October 10, 2016, 11:49 AM. Reason: Removed question about how to update signature. Found it!

Welcome to the Pit! Try dropping your brisket question here - https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-prime-rib-etc

Or you can manually navigate there by clicking Forums, then Recipes and Techniques, sub forum Beef.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Tim!

Comment

AltimusPrime, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! You have a Line of Good Equipment the only item I might add is an Instant Read Thermometer such as a MK-4 Thermapen by ThermoWorks!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• AltimusPrime
          AltimusPrime commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dan! I do have a Thermapen, I just left that off the list (but it now has been added to my signature).

Welcome AltimusPrime

Comment

Welcome to The Pit AltimusPrime. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Great job on your signature and you've got some nice equipment!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard Tim! You could have put your question here and l would have provided absolutely no help at all. Good to have you with us, enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, you crack me up

Welcome to The Pit AltimusPrime! Nice to have you here with us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here