Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Sydney, Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    Great to have you join us! What types of wood do you have available locally? I'm kind of a nerd for that sort of thing, and I definitely like to not break the bank in acquiring it.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Welcome aboard Marcin! I could'nt help but smile, when you mentioned getting ready for summer. We are getting ready to hunker down for the big chill up here. Enjoy the ride & the cooking!

Leave a comment:

• Abom
    replied
    welcome from, er, Up Over??

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    Marcin, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Welcome Down Under from Us Up Here near the 49th N! The arbitrary line between the USA and Canada where both Legal Trade and Smuggling Exists!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Leave a comment:

• loadpin
    replied
    Welcome and hope you enjoy the ride, I'm new to this board to and this group is great.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Marcin!

Leave a comment:

• johnec00
    commented on 's reply
    Glad you found something. I went to the thermistors because I wanted 4 channels, and that approach simplified layout. It only takes a few minutes to calibrate and if you stick to one particular type of probe, they're interchangeable. This is getting a little too geeky for a bbq board!!!!

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• Marcin
    replied
    Thanks for the tip johnec00 , however the answer is too much - US$15 (more than the probe!). But your response did prompt me to do another eBay search and I found a couple of k-type probes shipped cheap from China which I couldn't find last time! Ordered one straight away.

For example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-Type-Th...cAAOSwLN5WhyTb

I use the MAX6675 as well, they work really well. I found resistive probes are much harder to work with because each one is different and you need to work out the right values for the formulas to get a temperature value out of them (and then spend extra time calibrating / verifying).

Leave a comment:

• johnec00
    replied
    Welcome Marcin. For what its worth, I tested this probe along with a MAX6675 in my Atmel AVR based thermometer. Eventually went to thermistors though because they're more commonly available.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...products_id=56

I have no idea what they would charge to ship it down under!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Welcome, Marcin !!!!

Best regards to you, in Oz, from here, in The Land of Oz!

Looking forward to your input!

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! Nice to have a Sydneysider on board ...

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome Marcin

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, Md!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Marcin! Great to have you here with us, thanks for your support. I am jealous that summer is starting for you, as it's just ending for us. The days are getting short, and in my area of the USA there's a chill in the air that will only get worse.... But the cookers get no breaks here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here