Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Pitmasters from Another Northern VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pitmasters from Another Northern VA

Hello to all you pitmaster's. Been playing with grilling, smoking and cooking for a while. Just decided to get serious in last few years. It's the one hobby I can keep doing for the rest of my life. I am at the point now that I prefer my food to most restaurants. After trying many grills and techniques, I am currently using the Primo XL Oval with the DigiQ controller (purchased this year). I also have a propane grill for quick work, glazing and burgers and dogs. Enrolled in the Rouxbe cooking coarse online. Have really learned a bunch through that. I'm reading Meathead's excellent book, and I really love this website.

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you. I bet you'll learn more from the Pit than from anywhere else!!

Comment

• oldskoolbob
      oldskoolbob commented
      Editing a comment
      No pizzas yet..will get to that next year. Its already seen ribs, pork butt, brisket, spachcock chicken and rack of lamb. Thanks for asking.

Welcome to the Pit oldskoolbob ...đź‘Ť Your Primo XL oval with the addition of the DigiQ is a nice setup. It's as close to a set it and forget about it cooker you can get. Are you baking pizza and bread in it?

Comment

Greetings Bob ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from another Virginian.

Comment

Welcome oldskoolbob

Comment

Welcome, fellow N. Virginian.

Comment

oldskoolbob I'm no Pitmaster, but welcome to the Pit! Glad to have you in our MCS support group!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldskoolbob!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You are a serious BBQer.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldskoolbob! It's great to have you here. You have a great cooker there, and you sure do sound like one serious cooking & BBQing dude.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

oldskoolbob, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here