Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Dexter, Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Dexter, Michigan

I'm a 57 year old dental educator from Dexter, Michigan, employed by the University of Michigan. I just bought a Slow N Sear and they gave me a coupon for this forum for a 90 day trial. I'm looking forward to some great BBQ on my Weber Performer. I was thinking about buying a WSM but saw the Slow N Sear on this site and thought it would be perfect now that I'm an empty nester (4 children, last one graduates college this year). I also bought a Thermapen after reading Kenji Lopez's book and this BBQ site, and it was probably the best piece of kitchen equipment I've ever purchased. I am mostly a griller, but love to barbecue pork ribs when I have the time. I rarely enjoy eating at restaurants anymore, because my steaks, ribs and chicken are so good at home on the weber using natural lump charcoal and wood chunks. My wife does not like to cook much (although she's good at many dishes), so I do most of the cooking. Lamb chops are my absolute favorite, but my wife can't stand the smell, so I only make them when by boys are home---my daughter, like mom, is not a lamb fan.

Welcome to the Pit! Like most of us here, you take the money you save by not eating at restaurants ... double or quadruple it ... then spend it on new BBQ gear ... simple!

Comment

Welcome! Lots to learn, enjoy the pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you. Your on the right track after picking up the SNS and joining the Pit. Now all you need is time.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit PappaTbone and greetings from another MI dweller. Nice to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

PappaTbone welcome to The Pit! Nice introduction!

Comment

Welcome PappaTbone

Comment

Welcome aboard PapaT. Watch that smokin, cuz it'll get ya. Go Blue! Enjoy the ride!

Comment

PappaTbone, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! You are going to Love Your Weber and S 'n S Combo! I recommend you spend some time on the Adrenaline BBQ Site on the Techniques and Recipes Section! They ie. Huskee and David Parrish have a first rate tutorial on vent settings for Temp Control!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit PappaTbone! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here