Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Southern California

after spending a lot of time perusing the articles on the site in hopes of improving my skills on the Webber 22" grill I bought 6 years ago I "discovered" that my secret technique of offset grilling isn't really a secret and not something invented by me. To be honest I did know I wasn't the first person to think of it but I had no idea there was a tool to make it easier. I received a slow and sear this week and with it a trial membership to the full site so I thought it would be a perfect time to come and really get better at this. I've spent 21 years as the family cook but only ever grilled mostly over cooked things unitil recently. The new toy helped me to smoke some chicken breasts last night that were among the best things I've ever made indoor or out. I hope I can finally tackle ribs soon, I've always been afraid to ruin them so I've avoided trying in the past. Sorry to ramble. Nice to be here.

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you. I am sure your gonna have an SNS for that kettle before you long. In here your practically issued one. Anyway, Welcome and we look forward to your input.

Comment

Welcome from another member from SoCal. Cheers!

Comment

Welcome TheycallmeMeat

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Hello from Hermosa Beach...👌

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TheycallmeMeat. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Congrats on the Slow 'N Sear!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Hello from The Great State of Jefferson (aka Northern CA) and welcome!

Comment

Hey and welcome! I'm so glad to hear you like your Kettle and slow and sear combo. I'm new and looking to buy my first cooker and I'm leaning toward this combo.

Comment

welcome from another So. Cal. BBQ fan

Comment

Howdy. Welcome to the site, it's really well done. Lots of great info on a variety of subjects. What with the incredible melding of so many cultures here, the best BBQ in the world comes from Southern California.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome aboard the train to Pittsville! You will learn all sorts of great things, like what Dr. Breadhead says about MCS, which you are about to be infected with, if you don't already have it. Enjoy the cooking experience & the ride!

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes and warm welcome. I look forward to the journey

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here