Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¡Hola! from Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

¡Hola! from Miami

G,day fellow meatheaders. As you can see, I'm in SoFla. There are not a lot of smokers around here but we have fair share.

I have been lingering around here for about a year and finally decided to take the plunge. Well worth the minimal dollars so far.

Currently I use a MB30 electric with a pellet tray. I've primarily made ribs and butts with a single foray into a lamb roast and a brisket. Ribs and butts are always worthy. The lamb roast was okay and the brisket was kind of dry. Need to work on my technique. Tried a cheddar block once but here in SoFla, there are only a few days out of the year when a cool smoke is doable.

Hope to improve on my smoking with all the experience and tips here.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em y'all

Welcome from another new guy! Hey how do you like that electric smoker? I was looking at a couple of those for a "set it and forget it" dedicated smoker along w/ the weber kettle and a slow and sear as my first cooker.

Do you have any pics of those ribs or pork butts? I'd love to see some results from the electric smoker!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Greetings and welcome aboard ... from Colorado!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_D12 View Post
          Welcome from another new guy! Hey how do you like that electric smoker? I was looking at a couple of those for a "set it and forget it" dedicated smoker along w/ the weber kettle and a slow and sear as my first cooker.

Do you have any pics of those ribs or pork butts? I'd love to see some results from the electric smoker!
          No pics. Sorry. It works well for what I do. I wish sometimes I had a little more capacity than the 30. The pellet smoker trays are excellent. Still trying to figure out the best placement and rig so it doesn't get dripped on and extinguished.

I have found that the temp is a little off. You can't calibrate but you can do an offset using a temp probe in the box. It does hold pretty decent temp though.

When the meat is on the table, everybody eats it. Not sure I'm the best but I'm the best at mi casa!!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            A very belated welcome to The Pit, CosmicMiami!

Welcome CosmicMiami

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit CosmicMiami. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Howdy from Nor Cali!

Comment

CosmicMiami, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

And G-day to you & welcome aboard CosmicMiami. Just wonderin if that Matthew will affect you. Hope you are protected & safe. Enjoy the ride to Pittsville!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                        And G-day to you & welcome aboard CosmicMiami. Just wonderin if that Matthew will affect you. Hope you are protected & safe. Enjoy the ride to Pittsville!
                        It's a non-event here in Dade. Just some rain, which is always welcome. A few brief periods of some wind but nothing more than what we get during a strong cold front or afternoon summer thunderstorm.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
                          ribeyeguy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Really? Is that all you're seeing?

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here