Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Everybody!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everybody!!!!

My name is Keith Adair and I am from the San Francisco Bay Area. I am 38 years old and have always been interested in cooking since I was very young. I loved watching Martin Yan, The Frugal Gourmet, and Jacques Pepin on PBS when I was a child. When I got out of college I really started experimenting with BBQ. Started with a Weber 18 and now I cook on a Weber 22 Platinum. Since I started cooking out of college I was always trying to find out why recipes work so I could be consistent in my cooking. That is why I love America's Test Kitchen, Alton Brown and now Amazing Ribs. I stumbled upon this site about a month ago and I am so glad I did. I have been trying to use my Weber as a smoker for ages and always had issues with fluctuating temperatures which lead to inconsistent results. I have been dying to do a brisket after learning about Aaron Franklin for the past few years, so I've been hell bent on getting an offset stick burner as a gift to myself (Yoder Wichita Fully Loaded). I wanted to do a bit more research and I came upon this site. I am so glad I did. I found information on the Slow N Sear and realized that the reason I may be having temperature issues because my lid leaks a little (Binder Clip Video). Though I still would love to have a Yoder in the future, using the Binder Clips a to help seal my lid coupled with the Slow n Sear has been phenomenal.

I used the Memphis Dust on my first rack of spareribs cooked with the help of the Slow N Sear (Used the Johnny Trigg Wrap Recipe as well) and they turned out wonderful. Probably one of the best racks I have done in quite sometime. In addition, I'm an beer, wine and whisky geek. Looking forward to learning and a sharing ideas.

Cheers,

Keith

Greetings Keith ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!!

Welcome Keith Adair

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!

Welcome, Keith!

It sounds very much like you're a person with the right mindset, who has arrived at the right place and time.

Please, be sure to fill out some info in your profile, tell us more, teach us what you know, and remember that "We Wants Pictures! Lol!

There's an incredible lot of info here, to be learned, and attempted, then mastered...(someday)

Best regards!

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Mr. Bones. Will do.

Welcome to the Pit Keith Adair ... for only $2 a month you can get a PHd in BBQ.

I can tell you are going to get MCS guickly...🙈

As your browse the threads in the Pit you are going to get a bad case of the wants and the I needs. Don't sweat it, it's a normal affliction to new Pit members.

How big is you deck or patio?

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome. I am actually in the process of redoing by backyard and should have decent amount of space dedicated to my cooking. Big enough to have my Weber and another cooker when I eventually get one.

_Keith Adair, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
    I'm another Weber User (40+ Yrs)!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	225730

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome Dan. I'm sure we will have a lot to chat about.

Welcome to the joy of the Pit!

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome. Excited to be here.
      Last edited by Keith Adair; October 2, 2016, 09:42 AM.

Welcome to The Pit Keith Adair. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Weber Kettle + SnS + Meathead's Memphis Dust + Ribs = Crazy good results!! If you have any pictures of your cooks or cookers you can post, we would love to see them.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
    See you around The Pit!

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do. Thank you for the welcome. Very excited to be here.

Welcome to The Pit Keith Adair. I too used to love watching Frugal Gourmet and Jacques Pepin...and Bob Ross if we're talking non-cooking.

Comment

• AZRedneck
      AZRedneck commented
      Editing a comment
      I miss Bob Ross, he made happy trees famous!

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome Huskee. I loved Bob Ross as well. Hopefully I can learn to cook Happy Little Briskets!!! Well, not too little.

Welcome Keithfrom another new guy! I'm glad to hear you like the results from the slow and sear. I'm looking to buy my first cooker soon and I'm looking at the Weber kettle and a sns.

Bbq, beer, whiskey. Three amazing things in life.

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Steve. The SnS is awesome. I would think about doing the 26 Weber Kettle if you have space. I love my 22 but I think the extra cooking space would be awesome to have.

Cheers!!!!

Keith, welcome to the Pit. If you do get the MCS that Breadhead mentioned (the buying syndrome) and enjoy your Weber with the SNS, you should watch some of Baby Back Maniac's videos of the Weber Charcoal Summit Charcoal Grill. Long ago I was cooking every weekend on a Weber grill. I would visit my wife's grandfather who lived in Los Altos Hills. He had this goofy green BBQ that he swore by. He said it was insulated in a manner that allowed him to cook all day at the same temp even when the fog rolled in. I saw that thing and thought it looked more like a flower pot than a BBQ. It wasn't the same color green that Eggs are today - would have been more offset if it had been. He offered it to me at one point and I declined even though he turned out fantastic products every time he cooked on it. He passed on years ago and I have no idea where the green egg ended up but kick myself for being so ignorant about what a gem he had. That's what this site will give you - the knowledge and experience from others about BBQ and BBQs. Glad you are here.

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to learning and sharing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Welcome fellow Norcalian. I was born and raised in Mendocino County and spent many happy years visiting my grandparents in The City. You live in a great place to have a sourdough starter and my wife would be jealous! Breadhead is a great resource if you ever wanted to get into that. Happy grilling and Go Giants!!!

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Captain. Wish I could get up to Mendocino more often. It's gorgeous up there. Go Giants!!!

Welcome aboard Keith! Sounds like your journey is a little familiar, Martin Yan (which took me to Grace Young), Pepin, ATK, Alton Brown & in my case a few others. I wish l had started at the age you did. You will find AR is worth far more than the price of admission. Enjoy the ride!

PS. Your might give Kent Rollins a peek. It's not BBQ, but definetly outdoor cooking.

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you FireMan!!!!

Originally posted by Keith Adair View Post
    Thank you Steve. The SnS is awesome. I would think about doing the 26 Weber Kettle if you have space. I love my 22 but I think the extra cooking space would be awesome to have.

Cheers!!!!
    Is the 26 Weber Kettle called a Ranch Kettle? I saw those and thought about it until I saw that the other Weber Kettle came with a little work table and the other accessories which seemed very useful.

If you could do it again would you nix the 22 with the table and accessories for the larger 26 w/o the table and accessories?

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Steve. The Ranch Kettle is not the 26. The Ranch Kettle is massive. I would go with a larger cooker than accessories. It depends on how many you are trying to serve. I can only do 2-3 racks of spares in a rib rack with the 22.

Welcome to the Pit. Glad your here.

Comment

• Keith Adair
      Keith Adair commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir. Happy to be here!!!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      My brother lives down in Cow Hollow. I just got him set up with an SNS and kettle. So your not the only one in the bay area making some SNS smoke! Keith Adair

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here