Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From The Great State of Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That truly is amazing to be able to see that every day! What glorious thoughts pop in my mind seeing that picture.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      It never ceases to put a smile on my face!

Welcome Mike, in The Great State of Jefferson!

As a former resident of the Great State of Jefferson, I know what a gorgeous place that it is. I lived in Happy Camp for many years (I know you know that place!); youngest child was born at the clinic there. So lots of ties and great memories.

Prior to retirement, I worked for the USFS and have done fires all over the US and a few out of the country as well. I'm willing to be that if we compared our Red Card experience, we will have stomped some of the same ground; most likely at the same time over the years.

Look forward to hearing more tales from the 'old country' as you post on the site.

Now I may be being petty but my understanding was that Jefferson only extended as far north as Roseburg in Oregon; of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Love (!!!) the avatar; have been a passenger/cargo many times on that airline. ;-)
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 1, 2016, 12:30 PM.

• Porterdriver
      Porterdriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones, I was a pilot for them but I was never in Laos; however, if I had been it would have been 68-70, during the Great Southeast Asian Vacation. If you care to say, where did we (or didn't we) haul you?

Porterdriver and Mr. Bones my neighbor says he was never in Laos either, so probably never used such a service. Had you ever done something like that I would thank you very much such a service, but....

Comment

• Porterdriver
      Porterdriver commented
      Editing a comment
      I, too, echo Mr. Bones sincere thanks. That's kind of a dark, lost chapter in history, I appreciate your recognition of what we were trying to do.

Had I done such a thing, I would be eternally grateful for your thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here