Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I'm an idiot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm an idiot!

So, I'd like to introduce myself and say hi to everone. But here's the deal: I've been a big fan of Meathead and this site for several years. And I'm not only appreciative of the vast amount of info available but I'm impressed as well. So a few months back I decided to join the pitmaster club, not fully understanding the benefits! So I guess I'd like to know what did I get in return for joining? Is it just the ability to post and peruse the forum? Or is there more that I'm not aware of? If that is it, that's fine. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something of value.

Thanks everyone! I realize this is a weird way to introduce myself, but hey, I'm weird!

Wilbur

Welcome wilburwb! Here's an article with all the benefits of membership. As you'll see, there are a lot of benefits. Hope to see you around often!

Comment

Welcome wilburwb

Comment

Welcome to The Pit wilburwb! 2,400 active members here at The Pit (16,600+ total members), some are seasoned "pros", some are newbies and soon-to-be seasoned pros. All of them are your support line, cheer squad and friends. Plus all the other things FuzzyDaddy linked you to! Happy to have you here with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! From my perspective the big plus of the Pit is being able to reach with a question and get advice that reflects years of experience BBQing. Also you are auto entered in the Gold Medal Giveaway.

Comment

Howdy, Wilbur, and welcome to The Pit!

I'm an idiot, my dang self; I'm surprised we haven't met at any of the meetings, or get-togethers! (Maybe we was too busy scarfin' ribs an' such to visit!)

I'm pretty new here, my self, so I wanted to give you a holler!

Enjoy, and best regards!

Bones

Comment

The video lectures are gold. Watch the ones on smoke and salt first. It'll pay for your membership right there.

Comment

Well, Wilbur, first welcome aboard. Second, l have no idea what you have gotten from this site. You said you have been keeping an eye on Meathead & this site for years, & then finally joined. My question is why? I think we all know. It's smellin smoke! It's tastin ribs & other assorted victuals. It's grinnin when others tell you how wonderful a cook you are. We are happy to have you with us. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

The Pit... Members sharing what they know about ANY question asked.

Sharing recipes and techniques that work on their particular cooker.

Good moderators that keep it focused on BBQ, not politics or other crazy stuff.

Learning to cook outdoors and showing off your really exceptional cooks.

Comment

Ok, so I did some more diggin' and watched a few videos and figured out a few things about how great this site/forum really is! Just wanted to say thanks for the help, support, guidance and encouragement! Ya'll really make a guy feel welcome! Can't thank you enough,

Wilbur

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here