Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pit has arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pit has arrived!!

I just got my new Horizon 20" pit. I have done three cooks so far. Chicken, ribs and pork butt. The first two came out great but the butt had problems. I just panicked in the stall and killed it. No big deal there is always next time. I love this pit and cooking purely with sticks.

We want pics!

Comment

The bad news is without pics the cooks never happened. The good news is without pics, the butt killed in the stall never happened either!

Comment

Yeah lets see that thing in action!!!

Comment

Pics pics pics that's what we need!!!
          How are you finding keeping your temps just using splits.

Comment

• Akabiz
            Akabiz commented
            Editing a comment
            I usually start with two or three depending on the size. Then after a few hours I need to add 1 every 45 min to an hour and I can keep a constant 225-250.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a grate in the firebox or do the logs just sit on the bottom? I can't see from the pics.

• Akabiz
            Akabiz commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a grate at the bottom.

Here is the chicken and ribs. The pork was not photo worthy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	223499

Click image for larger version

Views:	102
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	223497 Click image for larger version

Views:	110
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	223498 Click image for larger version

Views:	114
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	223500
          Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, those guys are worthy!

Welcome to the Pit Akabiz ...πŸ‘

Nice cooks on your new cooker... 2 out of 3 is pretty good. Have you sold your alarm clocks yet? Now that you're a stick burner guy, you won't need them anymore.πŸ˜†

You're going to fit right in... Your MCS kicked in before joining the Pit it appears.πŸ€” It looks like you've got plenty of room for more cookers and lots of gadgets in your backyard.πŸ‘

Comment

• Akabiz
            Akabiz commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry I am new, but what is MCS?

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a condition/affliction that new Pit member acquire called More Cooker Syndrome. Once you browse the Pit and see all of the great cooks Pit members are doing on cookers you don't have its very common to say... I MUST get me one of those. Then you're going to need gadgets too.πŸ˜†

Beautiful! and welcome to the pit Akabiz

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Akabiz. I'd like to have some of those ribs right now. Looking forward to having you around.

Comment

It's great to have you here Akabiz and thank you for your support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Congrats on the great new pit Akabiz! And welcome to the stickburning club. 'Where all the cool people are!'.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah what Huskee said and "Where all the cool people hang"!

• Akabiz
                  Akabiz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I figure if I was going to get into this I wanted to go all in and learn how to stick burn. It's more work but worth it and I like being one of the cool kids.πŸ˜ƒ

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here