Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Santa Fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Santa Fe

Just joined to support this fine web site. I've been following it for about 2 years or so. My three dogs purchased a smoker for me for father's day back then (on sale at Lowels). Got my feet wet but it died about a year ago. Came here for advise on what to buy, got a CookShack (electric), love it. I know electric isn't the "best option" but my house is 100% electric and we get all our power from a 3.6 kw solar tracker so you could say I've got a solar powered smooker (I actually do <g>). All the products and advise I got here have been spot on. Maverick thermometer, instead read thermometer, this is my go to place for advise.

Had a client in Mount Dora and his buddy is a BBQ champion (Larry Baker, heard of him?). He let me hang out with him for about 3 hours last week and I learned a ton. He did a couple Wagyu Brisket's, Burnt Ends, amazing. For dinner he did a huge ribeye roast in the smooker, a first for me. Awesome! Did a little slide show of his setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHaYG4WpLJU

He gave me a sample of his rib rub, tried it last night, really good stuff! I also tried the toothpick trick you talk about and damn, it worked really well! 4 hours at 225 in the Cookshack, awesome, tender, lovely. Just here to pick up a few tips and sometimes just make decent BBQ for friends. I'm not worthy <g>. But as I told Larry B, this is my go to site for info and just love all you experts who share your passion and technique with a newbie like me.

Welcome dd! Thanks for the support. Cool story on getting to hang out with a winning pitmaster. I bet you were a sponge. Look forward to hearing & seeing more from you.

On that note: when you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Will do, thanks!
      Forget to mention, I'm this serious: two of my dogs (Whippets) are named Brisket, the other Wagyu. But they don't get close to the smoker for obvious reasons! ;-)

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome! We have 2 cats (not my choice) one is named Sausage and one is Gravee. True story.

Welcome digitaldog! Your avatar... is teh awesome

Like Huskee said, please check out my welcome and tips topics. They'll help you complete that signature just a bit more

Comment

Hello DG, Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here