Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave from Barto, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dfusco
    commented on 's reply
    There is a dirt track for modified and sportsman cars.....couple of good butchers and angus farms around. No BBQ joints though, just mine and a few neighbors back yards😋

• Huskee
    replied
    A belated welcome to The Pit Dfusco!

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Welcome Dfusco! Hey I get out to Lumberville a lot in the summers as we have a little cottage there. Isn't there a great butcher or maybe bbq joint in Barto? It sounds so familiar?

Leave a comment:

• DanVergo
    replied
    Welcome, Dave! Can't wait to see what you'll add to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Welcome aboard Dave. I used to have the same hair do as you until l finally changed. Enjoy the ride!

Leave a comment:

• spoon
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit, Dave! Always good to have another PA person on board!

Leave a comment:

• Dfusco
    replied
    Thanks all. No pictures yet, but they will be coming.
    FuzzyDaddy, went around the homework assignment and edited my profile. Thanks for the links! I am looking forward to some good grilling and better food!
    By the way, I just got rid of my Webber kettle grill that was about 30 years old. Had to do it. Lid was not fitting on any more. My wife picked up an 18" Webber kettle grill for me to use until I can get my Primo XL. We also have a Webber gas grill that I have done some good food on and works good for the weeknight dinners.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Dfusco, it's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Greetings, Dave ... and welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome Dfusco. I started with 1 cooker and 1 good thermometer and now my equipment is an ever growing list. It's normal around here. Congrats on your NY Strip - got any photos of it?

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome Dfusco

Leave a comment:

• BGWolf
    replied
    Welcome Dave! Having a good thermoter has improved my cooking more than anything else and Thermoworks makes some very nice equipment

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Welcome Dfusco !

I did many a prime rib without a thermometer before catching on, so I feel your pain. that thermometer will also come in handy with chicken, turkey, and all sorts of birds; there is no difference in appearance between a chicken breast at 165* and a chicken breast at 198*, but there sure is a difference in texture!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here