Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Orlando

Hello people of the universe! I can't say enough about this community and how it has made me into an amazing 'Meat Master'

I live just outside Orlando, work all around the country in aviation and I'm an avid musician. I have a future wife who is always impressed with the delicious meats in which I bestow upon her thanks to Amazingribs.com!!

So, I have been using this website for awhile now. I used it a few years ago to smoke some ribs on a commercial size smoker at a house I was renting and they came out amazing!

Fast forward to about 2 months ago when I purchased my first charcoal grill(Webber 22" Kettle). Up to that point, I either didn't own a grill or had a cheap gas grill that I only cooked burgers on.

I remember how much information was on this website and it only took me a few seconds to find it.

I have purchased thermometers(Thermapen,ChefAlarm), meats, the Slow 'n Sear and other products based off of the recommendations of this website.

I wanted to thank everyone who runs the website and puts in their time to make this what it is. I purchased Meathead's book and became a member in hopes that my $ will further this great cause.

Up until I found this website, I had only ever grilled burgers, and the occasional steak. (albeit, not a properly cooked, reverse sear, steak)

Here's some pics to share what I've done so far. THE best Ribeye steak I have ever had, and a pork butt that rivaled the local 4Rivers BBQ here in Orlando. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6563.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	222914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6690.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	222915 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6693.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	222917 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6700.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	222916

You're obviously off to a great start! Welcome to the U of Q!

Comment

Welcome McMastodon

Comment

Welcome to The Pit McMastodon. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Wow, you've had some great cooks, great bark on the butt, and thank you for the photos!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

You bad! You bad! It is great to see your Q'n mojo working with all the enthusiasm you have. Welcome aboard & enjoy the ride!

Great pics also!

Comment

It looks delicious so I have a question - what sauce did you finish the pork with? Definitely dark on the bun and it looks great. Not overly sauced but moist looking.

Comment

• McMastodon
              McMastodon commented
              Editing a comment
              I originally made them without sauce, so I wouldn't be distracted by sauce. But, the second batch of sandwiches were made with Stubs Spicy.

Welcome aboard, Orlando ... from Colorado.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It appears you are a good student.

Comment

Great looking food! Welcome to the Pit from, Baltimore, MD.

Comment

I'm just up the road a bit. I call Eustis Mt. Dora Tavares Leesburg home. They all run together. Welcome and great looking food!

Comment

Welcome, now I'm hungry looking at that great looking food....

Comment

Welcome from Tallahassee McMastodon

Comment

@McMastadon, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! You might want to Look into a S 'n S (Slow and Sear) for your Weber it will convert it to a Great Smoke! Add a dual probe leave in Thermometer such as a Maverick et732 or et733 and an Instant Read Thermometer such as a ThermoWorks MK 4! You will be able to compete with anyone! Your current Cooks look great!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit McMastodon! Nice intro, and your food looks fantastic., nice work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here