Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Walnut Creek, Ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Walnut Creek, Ca

Hello,
    I joined the Pit after learning about Meathead's AR from a close friend and great cook. I am a retired guy now with time to work on fine tuning my BBQ skills. Been BBQing for a long time. The results were usually good but not always. Recently I was cooking some ribs that looked good but ended up dry and a big disappointment. That was the last straw. Now thanks to AR I am learning how to control my cooking temperatures better and hopefully on my way to more consistent and satisfying results.
    Right now I am running gassers. A Bull Texan and a Webber Genesis. One is at sea level and the other at 6500 feet. I have started my new BBQ adventure with Last Meal Ribs on each grill, primarily to learn temperature control, and will be cooking some more ribs later this week on the Bull BBQ.
    The results so far are great and I am looking forward to more improvement.
    Plus lots of new lingo to learn and apply. Reverse Sear, Texas Cutch, etc. And a whole new list of acronyms and abbreviations to connect with. Yeah!
    Thanks folks I'm enjoying this.
    Best regards,
    Brookie
    PS. Yes, I am a fisherman.

Welcome Brookie

Comment

As far as acronyms go the most important is MCS. You are just beginning to be under its spell. Woe is thy!
      Welcome aboard & enjoy the ride!

One of our moderators is a great fisherman, you will soon here the tales of Huskee, fisherguy of the north.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Grilled or smoked fish is awesome
          !!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brookie. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Nice introduction. Feel free to post some photos of your ribs (we're big fans of photos).

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Brookie Welcome to the pit. I'm just up the road from you in Clayton.

Comment

Hey Brookie, welcome to the Pit. I think I live in the same county as you. Keep us posted with photos from your cooks.

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit Brookie! To help you with the new acronyms, we have a Acronyms & Abbreviations thread, this is also linked to in the homework assignment fuzzydaddy shared with you. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here