Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Little Dixie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit Mr. Bones! I enjoyed reading your intro. I remember hearing stories of how my mom was raised, having an outhouse when she was young and they and my grandpa farming and raising everything they ate, milking cows, etc. Brought back some family memories. My dad was raised in town and they had the luxuries that some country folk in the early 50s didn't have. Anyway, glad you're here with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      Welcome to The Pit Mr. Bones! I enjoyed reading your intro. I remember hearing stories of how my mom was raised, having an outhouse when she was young and they and my grandpa farming and raising everything they ate, milking cows, etc. Brought back some family memories. My dad was raised in town and they had the luxuries that some country folk in the early 50s didn't have. Anyway, glad you're here with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
      Homework assignment duly completed and assimilated.

Thanks for the welcome, and the assistance, Huskee!

Took a bit before I seen yer post; I was busy nursin' some SRV, Howlin Wolf, Freddie King, and Muddy Waters out of one o' my Strats! Pickin an grinnin' definitely helps pass the time while watchin; the pit ;-). Coupled with a cold one (or two) from St. James's Gate, Dublin ;-)

I'll do my utmost level best to not make excess work for the moderators, as I moderate on other sites, and understand what is entailed.

I saved the URL to the homework assignment, for future reference,,, haven't got it all stuck permanent-like, in my headbone. Gimme lil' time, it'll settle in...

I've always had a photographic memory, 's jus' that Kodak quit makin' film for it quite some years ago! ;-)

Bones
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 19, 2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

L. I. B. Welcome aboard Mr.Bones! Don't know how you snuck in here without me seein ya, but things happen. Are you any relation to that fella in the space movies & tv shows. As far as you contributing to the Pit, everything you do is welcome. I know with me there was more taking than giving.
        Sounds like you grew up just like my wife did, only she was a little further north, up in MN.
        Looking forward to your input. I know you will enjoy the ride.

Comment

You left us much too soon, dear friend, but we all enjoyed learnin' with ya and from ya.

Hasta la vista, Señor Huesos. Descansa en paz, viejo amigo. Se te extrañará.

Comment

Wow...it is still hard to believe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here