Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Little Dixie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
    Never Mizz-urrh-EE: that was tantamount to callin' somebody a Yankee, there. Definitely not a good idea lol!
    I won't be calling you a Yankee ... although Little Dixie is awfully far north of where I came from ... ...

Again, welcome!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome Mr. Bones

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
    Greetings Bones ... and welcome to the Pit! Question: I grew up way down south but never heard of Little Dixie ... where would that be?
    Thanks for the howdy, Sir!

Mizz-urrrhh-uhh, (Just like Josey Wales says it), stones throw from Jesse James' birthplace. Most folks don't realize it, but MO was one of the stars on the Stars an' Bars.
    Never Mizz-urrh-EE: that was tantamount to callin' somebody a Yankee, there. Definitely not a good idea lol! (Lotsa draws an' hollers, where a stranger could up an' disappear)

These URL's can explain it more eloquently, and probably more briefly :-)

Looking forward to jawin' with all y'all!

Bones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Dixie_(Missouri)

Best regards!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 17, 2016, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Greetings Bones ... and welcome to the Pit! Question: I grew up way down south but never heard of Little Dixie ... where would that be?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    started a topic Newbie from Little Dixie

Newbie from Little Dixie

Howdy, y'all!

I only recently found this site, and joined 'The Pit'.

I've been enjoying the wealth of information here, and hope that I am welcomed to contribute, if that is not too forward.

Please, forgive my naivete, and all the stupid noob questions I will have; I'm sure there will be many (Think Johnny Five :-) )...

I didn't start to cook until I could reach the stove top standing on a kitchen chair, 'round about 1965~. I still consider myself to only have a Learner's Permit :-)

I come from a large family (My Irish Borg Designation is Seven of Eleven <G>), and I could tell from birth that my Mama sorely needed some help.

She kept house, cooked our meals, most often making savory food from nothing, (having some left over) and out of our garden; made / mended our clothes, etc. usw. ad infinitum.

Yes, I do / can play banjo, in case any of y'all was thinkin' of a comment. Guitar, harpoonicus, bass, as well, even washtub, spoons, and washboard. An' more. Every last one of us kids sings.

Despite what might be thought, I only have ten fingers, and ten toes. Just tryin' to head off any non-BBQ questions up front, heehee!

We had a tiny lil' subsistence farm, replete with well and outhouse. Ate food outta the ground after knocking the dirt off on our pant legs. Raised what we couldn't grow. Combed the woods for Mother Nature's treats. Shared excesses of anything with our neighbors, same as they done for us. Not bartered. Gave. Same as they done us.

Well, sorry for being so verbose, especially since this is my first post, but I bet yer eyelids is startin' to droop. I do like to jaw, so give me a holler, when you're over my way.

Bones
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 18, 2016, 11:20 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here