Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

r40734 from Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r40734 from Arizona

Who needs a pit when you live in Phoenix? Hehe. Various charcoal setups, one electric smoker, one gas grill, charcoal grill, big hole in the ground for the occasional oinker. Looking into a new charcoal/wood cabinet (Backwoods, etc.) with digital controls. The electric smoker has spoiled me in its ease of temp control and smoke output. I want that convenience in a traditionally fueled setup. Anyway, amazingribs.com has saved me countless hours and money in wasted (non-wasted) meat. Thanks to all who contribute and especially to Meathead for the commitment and help provided.

Check out Backwoods as well as Lonestargrillz.com, they have a really nice insulated vertical smoker.

Welcome to The Pit. JB

Comment

Welcome r40734! When you get a min, check out Pit Boss' Welcome post on the main page and also the Tips post. This will help you in setting up your signature as well as picture posting.

Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Thanks guys. Lone Star Grillz is on my short list. Nice setup they have for their cabinet smoker. I'm just getting a new laptop up and running, so adding pics and other details will be delayed...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, erm, R2D2 (let me know if we need to change your user ID to something that is more in line with your actual name)! When you have a chance take a few minutes to read my welcome letter as well as tips on how to use The Pit. They can be found in the Welcome and Announcements Channel. In particular, check out my tip #1 on signature creation and tip #4 on pic uploading. Tip #4 will help display your pics in a larger format that's viewable in the thread itself. As you can see we're a small but growing community. The more information and love you put in the more interest we'll get from fellow Pit members. Before you know it we'll have a BBQ wiki bounty of information for everyone to review, improve, share, and use. I look forward to your input!

Comment

Came across this thread.. i was looking to change my user name to my team name StokinSmokeBBQ. I dunno if its possible but it be appreciated thanks guys

Comment

Guys, we'll get you changed. PM either me or Pit Boss and list what you want your username to be. We'll get it done hopefully tomorrow/tomorrow night.

Comment

welcome fellow Phoenician

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here