Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi! I'm new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Tanner ...

Wow... Good for you John. The beauty and the beast in living color.

I can see you sitting out in your new surroundings smelling the beautiful smoke aroma, listening to some good tunes and sipping adult beverages, thinking life is real good.😎👍

Your MCS was unleashed to create true beauty! How did you convince your wife to free up the funds for this costly BBQ nirvana?

Comment

Believe it or not.....the Landscapers know us, designed it for me, and she said yep, want that. I guess my bbq ain't so bad. Or she's showing me my place. No matter!

Comment

Originally posted by John Tanner View Post
        Welcome BBM, I also enjoy your videos and yes, I am a subscriber.

I have a question for you....I have a a brand new bbq kitchen (see pics below--bbqs move in tomorrow!) that I want to augment--I have a 22" kettle platinum, a PBC and a Jumbo Joe....I also have a Genesis but it's on its way out, I may get a smaller gasser later, I just rarely use them. That said, I am torn between a 26.75" Kettle, another 22" kettle and either an 18" or 22" Smokey Mountain. I wouldn't mind the WSM for local competitions if I decide to do any. Is the Summit that much better than the 26.75" kettle or is the Kettle close enough and that much of a better value? Like I said, I'm really torn. Thanks.
        Your backyard is amazing! I'd rule out another 22.5 kettle and the 18.5 inch WSM purely on size limitations. The 26.75 kettle is my favorite grill for the money. It can do anything. The WSM is a better pure smoker and can hold more meat (but not big foil pans) but it's not nearly as versatile.

The Summit is it's own animal. More of an indulgence. I love it and find it so convenient to use, but it's more of an all-in-one solution than a bang-for-the buck type thing. The food that comes off it tastes great but in a different way due to more efficient air flow. It's great to have everything you need (grill, prep table, starter, storage, heat deflector, charcoal, ash clean out) together on wheels and easy to move around. It would look on that patio too. That said, it's expensive. In a lot of ways, it's like deciding if you want to go the kamado route vs the weber route (There isn't a wrong answer here.)

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Justin....it definitely makes me covet the 26.75" kettle! I might go that route and add a WSM (or two) for any competition bbq. Thanks again.

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
            Baby Back Maniac commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a very sensible solution. It also gives you WAY more cooking space. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Love your videos Baby Back Maniac keep up the great work!

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
            Baby Back Maniac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Bikenauset! I appreciate you watching.

I will second what everyone else has said, fantastic videos. Each time I watch one I want to go find more that you've made.

David Parrish I thought Huskee was the only celebrity allowed in the pit?!

Comment

Originally posted by PBCDad View Post
            I will second what everyone else has said, fantastic videos. Each time I watch one I want to go find more that you've made.

David Parrish I thought Huskee was the only celebrity allowed in the pit?!
            You are so nice. Thanks for watching the videos. I have fun making them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here