Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Charlie in Houston, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Charlie in Houston, Texas

Hi, I just joined the club! I've been grilling for years, mostly on gas. I've been interested in slower cooking for a while, and tried it out on my four burner gas grill. It was pretty good, but not good enough. Meanwhile I had been reading books and cruising the web. When I found this site, I was hooked. For one thing, I had been considering an offset horizontal smoker. Instead, I bought a Weber kettle and a Smokinator. Thanks, Meathead! So far I've cooked pork shoulder, brisket, chuck, chicken, turkey, pork loin, pork chops and ribs. I'm starting to get pretty good at this. I'm looking forward to hearing from others on this site and their tips and experiences.

Welcome Charlie. Right now I am about 2 hours northeast of you, when I get home I'll be closer to 3 hours.

You catch plenty rain? I think it is over for now and has moved off into the Louisiana.

You run beagles??

Comment

We've been getting quite a bit of rain, but most of it is to the north (we're near Sugar Land). Lucy the beagle is my official assistant pit master.

Comment

Charlie welcome to The Pit! When you have a moment please add the model of grill you're using (sounds like a kettle based on your current sig) and also let us know what thermometers you're using. Again, welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here