Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined--great site and forum!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined--great site and forum!!

Just joined- looks like a great site!
    i am looking to upgrade my gas grill- thinking either Weber Genesis EP330 or Saber Cast 500.
    looking for advice--thanks!!
    GW

Welcome to The Pit GW1! Great job on your signature! We seen your post at the AmazingRibs Disqus section too, just waiting for our expert Max to offer you his advice, he's the man in the know.

I will say I have long admired from afar the Saber grills. They seem to be a vast improvement on the still good Char Broil Tru Infrared, with kind of a Weber build quality above & beyond the CharBroil. Saber is basically CharBroil's premium line if I have my facts straight.

Comment

Hello GW1 Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome, I had never heard of Saber but it looks great. I used to get gassers for convenience, miss charcoal and switch again, luckily the guys here have shown me some easy ways to get it at least a little more convenient.
        I miss my infrared burner especially, while I used it some for searing it's main job was starting my charcoal chimney!

Comment

Welcome GW1! Thanks for filling out your Signature. We're glad you're here.

I saw Max answered you question on which grill to pick in Disqus (the comment system below AR's articles). Per Max, "Fortunately, or unfortunately, you've picked two very nice gassers. Here's a thought though, both the EP-330 and Weber kettle have open architecture grill grates over an open flame. Perhaps Saber's infrared cooking system could add another dimension besides just the convenience of gas."

How has this impacted your decision?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here