Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here!

Hey!
    New here! Just bought a BGE and the "meathead" book. I'm excited to expand my bbq'ing knowledge. I'm located in Napa valley ca, so naturally I'm pretty much a foodie haha!. 32 years young and seriously can't wait to see/share recipes. Cheers!

Welcome CheezZombie

Comment

Welcome to The Pit CheezZombie. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! We have a great Kamado forum.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

CheezZombie Welcome to our little MCS support group! Remember, if you don't post pics, your food wasn't really there. You're gonna have fun, we all do!

Comment

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Greetings from Florida!

Comment

Wow, are you loaded for bear. You get a BGE, Meathead's book & join AR, all in one fell swoop. Cool! Welcome aboard & enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a big triple BBQ whammy!!!

Welcome to the Pit! There are great Kamado tips here!

Comment

Back there when I was 32 I started smoking meat. It took another 20 years to graduate to the BGE. May you have many happy decades pleasing yourself and those around you!

Comment

Thanks everybody. I haven't used the kitchen really since I've gotten it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CheezZombie View Post
                    Hey!
                    New here! Just bought a BGE and the "meathead" book. I'm excited to expand my bbq'ing knowledge. I'm located in Napa valley ca, so naturally I'm pretty much a foodie haha!. 32 years young and seriously can't wait to see/share recipes. Cheers!
                    CheezZombie ... Welcome to the Pit.👍

You're a lucky man. You've already hit a trifecta of acquiring products & services (BGE, Meathead's book and joining AR) needed to become an honest to goodness Pit Master, but there's a few hidden secrets you need to find in AR to move you toward mastering your new Ceramic cooker.

Most people that acquire a Kamado cooker have no clue how to tame that beast, none, zero, zilch. We have a Pit member named CeramicChef that's cooked on Kamado's for 20 years. He's owned almost every brand name cooker available during that time and now cooks on the Rolls Royce of Kamado's the Komodo Kamado brand.

He put together many threads/articles about Kamado cooking with the intent of helping new Kamado owners, like you, through the normally long drawn out trial and error learning curve by contributing all the knowledge he has acquired over his 20 years of experience.

Here's his gift to you... https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo.../kamado-cookes

I highly recommend you read all of these Sticky threads and absorb all that you can so that you can tame your new BGE quickly.👍 I would read them in a progressive order starting with the oldest 1 first.

Comment

• CheezZombie
                      CheezZombie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Super awesome thanks. Already having a blast, with some mistakes but nothing too terrible. More learning experience than anything.

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here. This is a great place to be for Kamado cookers. I would also listen to this guy above me. He knows a thing or two.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit CheezZombie! Great to have you here with us. I'm not sure I've ever been more jealous than I am of someone who lives in Napa valley....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here