Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from San Diego

Hi all. My name is Bob, aka Bob-O, aka Easy Money. I work my pork butt off but apparently make it look easy, so I acquired the nickname Easy Money. I picked up a 22" Weber kettle fifteen years ago at the age of 20, which ignited a metaphorical fire in me regarding cooking. I'm a nerd for knowledge. Especially cooking knowledge. My thirst for knowledge caused me to get into gardening. Gardening caused me to get into fermented hot pepper mashes. Through it all, grilled and smoked foods have always had a place in my home. Aside from just being delicious, it's simultaneously the most primal and most elevated method of cooking in my opinion. Meat over fire could be considered caveman stuff, but it's also the most intensely satisfying way to cook and it can't be recreated indoors.

My best friend gave me Meathead (the book, not the man) as a gift. I immediately fell in love (again, with the book, not the man). There was this little promotional sticker on the cover that brought me to this site, and I'm so glad it did. Two hours browsing the site and I feel at home. I ordered a SNS for the kettle. I've learned a ton. For $2 a month I will be a life member. If nothing else, to support this beautiful and friendly wealth of knowledge that has been accumulated. This is a true online community working together to forward the grilling/smoking game. I love it and look forward to contributing my two cents for whatever it's worth (probaly one cent).

Welcome EasyMoney

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Bob ... we're glad you found us!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit EasyMoney. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Good job on setting up your signature. You'll love the Slow 'N Sear.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard EasyMoney! Your intro made me want to stand up & applaud, then go out & light one of my cookers & go to town. But, it's eleven o'clock & l have to crash. I will read this again tomorrow & then do chicken bombs on my Weber. You WILL enjoy this ride!
          Last edited by FireMan; September 9, 2016, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Welcom to the Pit!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I don't think I've ever been so anxious for a package. I track the SNS multiple times a day. Still on it's way from KY but that's a long drive to San Diego. Should be here in the next few days. In the meantime I picked up a few blue bags (ALL lump before in my grill), a big bag of some great looking oak chunks, ordered a grill grate 732. Any other suggestions?

I've been grilling on this kettle for over 15 years. People love my food. However, I feel I'm about to step into a whole new world between the knowledge I've gained from this site, and the game changing components about to be added to my kettle. Exciting stuff.

Side note. My butchers buy their beer from me now, and I consider meat a currency. It's a very nice arrangement. There's a bone in angus ribeye dry aging in the fridge thanks to them. One thing I immediately took away from Meathead (the book), was get to know your butcher. It paid off in spades.

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! I have been to San Diego several times. Love that city! I have the SNS, and it is probably the best accessory I have purchased for my kettle. If you don't already have one, I would suggest a good instant-read thermometer, such as a Thermopop, or similar. Also, try different charcoals. The Kingsford Competition is one a lot of people like.
                Last edited by Thunder77; September 14, 2016, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. i was in SD in April. Ran into one of those damn sting rays y'all got swimming around down there. Took a barb in the foot. Not my finest hour. Anyway it sounds like your on your way to BBQ bliss with the SNS and a membership here. Looking forward to your input. And don't forget to post pictures of your cooks. We love those. If you post a selfie, there has to be a cooking device and/or a piece of smoked/grilled or seared meat present.

Comment

My woman is awesome and got me a thermapen last Christmas. I love it and highly recommend it to others.

Can do on the pics

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit EasyMoney! Great intro! Thanks for joining up with us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here