Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robin from IL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin from IL.

I love grilling and have alot of equipment that I have used thru the years. The 35 gal drum was something I played with in the 90's making dozens for friends who found the 55 gal great cookers but too large for home use. Be glad to help out anyone wanting to make one on the cheap. My cooking equipment includes Weber smoky joe , standard kettle (from 1976) , wsm smoker , orion cooker , mini and mid sized green egg, 55 & 35 gal barrel cookers , MHP small grill ( a classic find at Goodwill for $14 ) and standard 4 burner gas grill. I also a large collection of outdoor Dutch ovens when I want to cook this way. I find I know how to cook on all of these but it can be hard to use them all the time. They lay in wait for a time needed and it is comforting to know they are all mine. Right now I use the small MPH and add smoke by putting apple chips in a beer can and punching it with an awl. No mess and you can throw away the used cans when you clean up. Great to be a part of the group.
    Robin

Greetings, Robin ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Excellent idea on the beer can chips. Now l know what to recommend to my peeps with gassers, cool. Oh,most importantly welcome aboard. It will be interesting when you fire up the heavy artillery & TAKE pics. Enjoy the ride!
      Also, interesting moniker of dasboot, l do know a reference to a movie. Like to know the story behind it for you.

Comment

Welcome dasboot69

Comment

Welcome to The Pit dasboot69. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! I enjoyed your introduction and you've got some nice cookers.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Your site confuses me. On a page I will see a box to sign but it disappear when go to highlight it. I am a bad on line. Send me link to sign in to your group to sign and register.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I know this comment is a couple weeks old, but it confuses me. Can you elaborate on the trouble you're having, or is it resolved now?

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from IN

Comment

Welcome to the pit, sounds like you have a lot of useful information. Looking forward to hearing more, welcome to the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit... You Da Beer Can Man.😎

That's a new crinkle you've introduced to the Pit. Not many newbie's come into the Pit and offer a new and innovative idea like that... With the exception of CeramicChef , who later disappeared, 😡

Good on you man.👍
                    Last edited by Breadhead; September 7, 2016, 12:54 AM.

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit dasboot69 ! Happy to have you here.

Comment

welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here