Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the UK....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the UK....

I should probably stop here and introduce myself as a long time lurker and fairly recent Pit member.

Like many I guess I've enjoyed BBQ (grilling) for many many years but the last 2 years I've really tried to step up and focus on quality meals and low & slow cooking. A Weber kettle and small WSM now occupy my lovely new BBQ area, and a Uuni 2s recently joined the stable, and this year I've managed to cook almost every meal since July outside.

Given the n+1 mentality I've nurtured with my bike collection, its only logical that I've already been wondering about a kamado and I suspect one of these will join the collection shortly as well.

This place has been an incredible source of inspiration and information in equal doses, so I hope to keep learning and hopefully contributing in future as well.

D

Welcome to the Pit this Labor Day holiday in America. It is a traditional BBQ day, and I am doing chicken wings for lunch.

Comment

• Bigpikle
      Bigpikle commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure there is a flight that would get me over in time!
      Have a good one.

Greetings and welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bigpikle. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

"Now that's a nice pickle you've gotten me into Ollie". Welcome aboard, the Bigpikle, to this amazing site. Another lurker eh? This place is full of them. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
          "Now that's a nice pickle you've gotten me into Ollie". Welcome aboard, the Bigpikle, to this amazing site. Another lurker eh? This place is full of them. Enjoy the ride!
          thats pretty much it - thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! COYG!!!

Comment

You have the uuni 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do tell more !

Comment

Oh, and WELCOME!

I have been drooling over that thing. Seems a natural addition to my CampChef pellet grill. Would sit alongside that and my Gold Weber kettle.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Originally posted by morganjim View Post
                        You have the uuni 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do tell more !
                        I LOVE LOVE LOVE it..... is that a little strong?

My wife bought it for my birthday back in July and its had a huge amount of use. It looks cool and is portable etc, but more importantly its pretty damn easy and reliable to use, and really does turn out brilliant pizza in 60 seconds. It needs a little attention to keep it working well, as if you forget about the fuel during a few pizzas then it will burn out and start to cool fairly quickly, but once you've used it a few times and nailed your workflow it really is brilliant.

Its not just a 1 trick pony either, as it can be used for anything that likes a super hot and fast cook - I have a few small cast iron sizzler plates and do roast veg, seafood, fajitas etc. With a little imagination you can cook entire meals on it. I made some garlic prawn starters, a few pizzas, and all the while had a fruit crumble cooking in a DO sat on top of it. When I took that off and served it, I replaced it with a mokka pot of coffee and that brewed while we scoffed dessert. Perfect....all for a few handfuls of cheap pellets.

Because it burns so hot you dont get a smoke flavour in the food and also dont need the expensive flavoured pellets. It needs a high grade pellet EN Plus A1 pellets (thats a Euro standard I believe) that guarantees the exclusive of nasty crap from the pellet, but they sell widely and are about 1/10 of the price of the stuff like GMG pellets over here.

If you want more info then happy to share anything. Perhaps the greatest testimonial is that my wife, who constantly moans about any new gadgets, recently announced it "the best gadget we ever bought"!!!!!

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit Bigpikle! Nice to have you here.

Comment

• Bigpikle
                            Bigpikle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thanks

Mine is due tomorrow and i just realized I have no table to put it on. I'm not too keen on using the patio concrete. What might you suggest?
                          Also, how do you start yours? I think they had a video showing a blow torch. Not too elegant for such an elegant looking appliance.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here