Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I blame all of you for this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame all you want. No one is going to feel the least bit sorry for you.

Comment

"Resistance is Futile"
      -- The Borg

Comment

Welcome! I feel your pain! Now that I am a member here I have a Weber Spirit, a Kamado Joe and a Weber Summit Charcoal, not to mention the thermeters, do-dads and whatnots that I've also bought. On a positive note, the BBQ I make has never been better!!

Comment

Hey, l did'nt know LBJ was still alive. You did some serious BBQ back in the day.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            We grew up eating LBJ burgers, and I still make them. Pretty simple: cheeseburger on toasted bun with bbq sauce. There used to be a recipe for LBJ sauce, but my mom used Kraft and I use whatever I have on hand, it's all good.

Remember, never eat more than you can lift! ~MissPiggy

Comment

MyFellowMerkins, Per Meathead, "I Didn't Promise You A Rose Garden" but He did set up a Pretty Good School for Us! I don't think there is any end to "Required" Smokers, Grills and Gadgets That are Mandatory! So with that admonishment, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Raleigh, good to have another NC'er join our community! Where is your meat spot? I can only get packer briskets from Super Walmarts and Sams around here.

Comment

Prepare to lose lots of cash and gain lots of weight!

Comment

Originally posted by BGWolf View Post
                  Prepare to lose lots of cash and gain lots of weight!
                  Yes, just ordered a rib rack for the kettle and a second set of GrillGrates ( for the kettle ). It never ends... --Ed

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, MyFellowMerkins. I have my own Brinkman smoker tales to tell, 3 meals ruined and one minor attempt to mod the Brinkman into a decent smoker. Now it sits out in my BBQ area near the two Weber grills that I use all of the time.

But I am always up to a challenge, and I think it is always good to have projects. So I will be looking forward to gleaming some information from your experiences with your Brinkman mod and trying them out myself.

There are some excellent videos on YouTube about cooking on the Pit Barrel Smoker. The one I am particularly interested in is the vertical smoking of a chuck roast. If I could whip that Brinkman into working condition, I would definitely try smoking a chuck roast vertically.

Comment

Welcome to the pit! I hope your mods go well. I really enjoy my drum smoker. And you are in the right place for any smoker advice!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here