Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Bristol, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Bristol, UK

Hey folks,

Thank you for having me! This place is a fabulous resource. I'm on a 90 day trial from Meathead's book but i'm loving this place already. I'm really new to the grill piece. I've got a 22" weber, my slow n'sear arrived yesterday (love the engineering simplicity and robustness of the design, superb) and i've got my thermometers as well so i'm going to try a few things over the weekend like calibrating the grill if the weather holds out.

I'm an engineer. I love science. I love the science of BBQ cooking, i am hooked!

we cooked some skewers earlier on the sear bit, i'm impressed already. I shall try and post some photos of my bumbling attempts and seek you collective guidance.

My name is Jason by the way, Jas for short, nice to meet you all
    Last edited by Freakbrother128; September 3, 2016, 09:33 AM.

Greeting, Jas ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome Freakbrother128

Comment

Welcome aboard Freakbrother128! We're glad you're here. Looking forward to your photos. See you around The Pit Jason.

Comment

I'm a complete novice folks and I defer to your superior skills. I'm still very much getting my head around the science of the grill malarkey.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Freakbrother128! Nice to have you here with us, we appreciate you popping in to say hello! You have a mighty fine setup there with your kettle and SnS. You will be able to crank out BBQ as good as seasoned pitmasters with little to no learning curve. And of course, with AmazingRibs and The Pit members as resources, there's no stopping you! We hope you'll decide to stay with us after your trial expires. Let any of use know if there's anything we can do to help you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Jas, welcome aboard the train to Pittville. Your (avatar l think they call it) reminds me of a quote from a movie. Roses are red, violets are blue, l'm schizophrenic & so am I. You will love the Sn'S. There is just so much cool stuff that you can do with it. Oh, & enjoy the ride!

Comment

Argh, I've finally got all the kit together to calibrate the grill and in typical British fashion it's bloody raining!!

Comment

Hi Jas,

You might find this of interest.

The first and only independent BBQ Magazine based in the UK. The Autumn 2016 issue is bursting with BBQ and outdoor cooking recipes, techniques and inspiration. Game special, BBQ Celebrity Interviews, and some epic BBQ kit. Enjoy the fruits of the Autumn special.

It is a quarterly E-zine from Countrywoodsmoke. The author is based in Devon and the countrywoodsmoke group on facebook is very active. It will I am sure put you in touch with other like minded people in Bristol.

I myself am in Crediton, Devon. Not a million miles away!

Comment

• Freakbrother128
                        Freakbrother128 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks very much Kirton, that's greatly appreciated! 😀 👍

• Freakbrother128
                        Freakbrother128 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks again dude, just been checking that out

Freakbrother128, greetings from Baltimore, Md! Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Freakbrother128 View Post
                        I'm a complete novice folks and I defer to your superior skills. I'm still very much getting my head around the science of the grill malarkey.
                        Welcome to the Pit... I can tell by your comments you will extend your membership after the 90 day free trial.

The science is cool and allows you to understand why stuff is happening, but what you're going to learn in the Pit is how to make it all happen.

If you explain what you want to cook, and on what cooker, Pit members will walk you through it. Then you can analyze the science of how that happened.

There are many great cooks, Chefs, that cook great food that have no clue about the science of why their food turns out so good, they just know how to execute.

If you understand how and why, like Meathead... You are way ahead of most. It's a rare attribute.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here