Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Central Florida checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Central Florida checking in

Hello all. New member here wanting to say hi. I'm located in west central Florida, due west of Tampa on our Gulf coast beaches. I'm not new to barbeque, but I am trying to learn some new ideas and techniques to help bring my "game" to the next level. I have purchased and read Meatheads book, but I want more, so here I am. I am not, or even that interested in, competition style cooking. I can sure appreciate it, but we are a backyard, beer drinking, no pressure family. I am really enjoying the scientific approach and how it is being applied. I currently cook on an XL-BGE and a Weber 26 kettle. My main interest is to learn as much as possible, with extra emphasis on poultry and seafood. Poultry is not my first choice, and I honestly have zero taste for seafood. I want to become a well rounded griller, but its hard to cook things you don't really enjoy. I want to be that guy on the "block" that has a full cooler of beer, and can cook damn near anything perfect. Cheers.

Welcome E.W.

Comment

Originally posted by E.W. View Post
      ...I currently cook on an XL-BGE and a Weber 26 kettle...
      E.W. Thanks for the great introduction! I'm not making this up, but I have an XL BGE and a 26" Weber. I also have a 22" Kettle. See you around The Pit.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        And I live in Florida, and......

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        In my mind my next brisket will be # 1,000,000.

Welcome to the Pit! I have a Large BGE and MiniMax and a Weber Jumbo Joe.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit E.W. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit E.W. Nice to have you here. How's your weather? Word on the street is it's rainy & windy down your way currently. I have family in Tampa.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here