Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from North Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from North Florida

Have always liked to grill ...starting years ago burning chicken for my then girlfriend now wife.... On a couple burner gass grill. Went through 2 or 3 webers after that and fell in love with charcoal. Now have a large BGE and a oklahoma joes longhorn smoker/charcoal/gas grill that I really love. Have recently been cold smoking Nuts, peppercorns, and pork belly for bacon. Love making steaks on the side burner on a screaming hot skillet with salt and butter. Alabama Chicken on the smoker, or anything that gets me on the grill. Recently figured out in the last few years that I just love to cook.
    I'm eyeballing a Rec Tec pellet grill and cant wait to learn that style of cooling too.

welcome from Indiana

Comment

Greetings Bob ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Nevada

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Bob Hawkinson ... 👍 I'm a BGE & Weber kettle guy. There's lots of Kamado cookers here in the Pit. What have you been cooking on the BGE?

Comment

• Bob Hawkinson
            Bob Hawkinson commented
            Editing a comment
            You name it...I try it on the BGE. I have found that it makes particularly good pizza too. I did just I love chicken, ribs, hamburger, pizza, on the egg. Did 1 brisket way back and the result was ehhh. Likely not the eggs fault thought....LOL

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            I bake lots of pizza on the BGE too. We've had many discussions on baking pizza in our Kamado's here in the Pit. You might want to search for those threads. There lots of good pizza baking techniques in them. Brisket in.a BGE is easy. We would be happy to help with that cook.

Welcome Bob Hawkinson

Comment

Welcome Bob Hawkinson We're glad you're here. I have a place just east of Pensacola, in Milton.

Comment

• Bob Hawkinson
              Bob Hawkinson commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet.. hopefully you guys don't get hammered by this hurricane either...Uggh.

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Currently we're about 140 miles west of storm so we look good! Hope you are not in the path.

Welcome Bob!!

Comment

Greetings from Tallahassee

Comment

• Bob Hawkinson
              Bob Hawkinson commented
              Editing a comment
              Hold on to your britches...hopefully the storm won't ding you too badly. Be safe.

Welcome to the Pit! With your equipment you are good to go!

Comment

• Bob Hawkinson
              Bob Hawkinson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thx....Yeah I think my limitation is me...LOL

Welcome to The Pit Bob Hawkinson! It's nice to have you here with us, thank you for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Bob Hawkinson
              Bob Hawkinson commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe Im all set with that and just ordered a Pit Barrel cooker from the Amazing Ribs sidebar...Hopefully they throw you guys a bone. LOL.. Cant wait to try it after seeing y'alls review.

Welcome to the pit Bob, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard Hawk! Sounds like you are going to be fun to have around. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Bob Hawkinson
                Bob Hawkinson commented
                Editing a comment
                Thnx for the kind words...

All you Floridians stay safe and dry in the coming days !

Comment

• edible hen
                edible hen commented
                Editing a comment
                We're prepared here as much as possible. We're right in the path of it. We're on high ground so flooding shouldn't be an issue. Trees are another story. It's just a waiting game now.

• Bob Hawkinson
                Bob Hawkinson commented
                Editing a comment
                Amen... hoping none of those tornado spinny thingies find us over here ..or anywhere it lands.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here