Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings From The Mointains Of Northern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings From The Mointains Of Northern Utah

Been a pit member for a while now and has it ever upped my game. Started BBQ about 7 years ago with a electric found Amazing Ribs and everything changed for the better. No longer use an electric cooker bought my pit barrel several years ago and got a great deal on a used BGE this Father's Day. The pit has taken years off my learning curve for both cookers. Thanks to all that post great info.

@hotdog6, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ To everything You just said about A R's and The Pit! I have used a Weber Kettle predominately for over 40 Yrs!
    On Jan 24 2015, at +- 9:15 AM, I went down our Basement Steps Headfirst? Resulting in the upper RT arm being fractured in 3 places, 3 fractured Vertabrae in my neck, in addition to the Rotator Cuff in the Lft arm being torn! In addition to all this I took the Obligatory Fall in the Nursing Home and snapped my Lft Femur? More broken bones in a few minutes than the Previous 65 Yrs "0"! The Good News of this Long and Mornfull Tale is that I had Joined AR and The Pit just prior to it! My iPad Mini and Me spent hours going over AR's and The Pit! Now that I am on the mend, I spend
    a lot of time BBQ,ING with the Weber and S 'n S! I credit AR, The Pit, and the Members for Teaching Me how to Use It after 40 Yrs of fumbling on My Own!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I love my BGE, and I think you will love yours.

Comment

Hahahaha, Welcome to the Pit. Your story pretty much mirrors mine to the T. Sounds like you already have the early onset of MCS. Its a common condition around these parts.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit hogdog6. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Nice avatar! PBC + BGE = great cookers! Do you have any favorites to cook and any photos you would post?

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if youโ€™re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (weโ€™d hate to have to pick another person because you donโ€™t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome hogdog6

Comment

Belated welcome to the forum!

Comment

welcome from indiana..

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! ๐Ÿ˜Ž BTW, what are "mointains?" Is that something they only have in Utah?
                  Last edited by Thunder77; August 29, 2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• hogdog6
                    hogdog6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of course it should say mountains. I sometimes rely on and trust spell check more than I should. HAHa

Let me see if l've got this right. You've been around for two years, really upped your cooking game, contracted MCS, & you are just now greeting us? Well, hot dam hogdog6, welcome aboard even though you've been aboard & enjoy the ride!

Comment

• hogdog6
                    hogdog6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks fireman I don't do social media so I was slow to post.

Thanks for popping in to say hello hogdog6! Nice to have you here.

Comment

Welcome from Utica WI, my son lives in Tremonton works for P&G

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here