Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob from northwest Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit Kettle_man ...

Me... Not being familiar with the term Noob I had to look for it in my online dictionary, not listed. So I googled it.😎 That sent me to an Urban Dictionary site, never heard of the either. I type in noob and this is what I found.

III. Behavior of noobs
    Since noobs are basically ignorant bastards, they have a lot in common. The most often seen characteristic is their fluency in noobish, which is why it got its own section. They will also be very self confident as if they were the absolute best at what they are in fact the worst at. Also, they are quite agressive and self-centered, and tend to laugh a lot using many L's and O's in rapid sucession (the noobish word for laughing like an ultimate retard).

From you introduction you seem much smarter than a noob and you're not agressive or self centered at all.😆

Thanks for using that word... I try to learn something new everyday.👍

Comment

• Kettle_man
      Kettle_man commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as I know, noob is a conversational shortening of the word newbie. A newbie is someone who is new at doing something --in this case, i am new to the pit and all the further knowledge about to be imparted to me. Ergo, a newbie or noob.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      The urban dictionary talks about that relationship to noob too.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Kettle_man ... I can tell you not a noob as described above.👍
      All you have to do in the Pit to learn... Is ask a question. Those that feel they can help you will pass their knowledge along willingly. You can fine tune your BBQ skills quickly when a wealth of information is there for the asking.👍

Welcome to the pit, charcoal rules. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here