Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff from North Alabama Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff from North Alabama Here

My name is Jeff and I've been a software engineer for 22 years now. I've been living in North Alabama (Huntsville area) for 20 plus years now.

I enjoy BBQ and finally decided to learn to cook it myself. I bought a Weber and made my way here.
    I'm a novice but I'm learning a lot from Amazing Ribs!

So, I've got a Weber Gold, Smokenator, and a Maverick ET 733 to get started with. I also have a cheap instant read thermometer.

My favorite restaurants locally are Chris Lilly's Big Bob Gibson in Decatur for Ribs and Chuckwagon BBQ in Madison, AL for Brisket.

Jeff, Welcome to The Pit! You nailed the sig, thanks for that. I'm originally from Alabama, but haven't lived there since about the time you moved there. A little town called Clanton in the center of the state. Welcome again to the forum and we look forward to hearing more from you!

Comment

Jeff, welcome! This place is great. Question for you, your avatar looks familiar ... By chance do you use 3D Software? Modo maybe? Trying to imagine where I have seen your avatar before. Jim

Comment

David - Thanks for the welcome! I've been to the Peach Park in Clanton a few times driving south.

Jim - Thanks for the welcome! I've used this avatar all over. I don't think it would be 3D Software but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by wjHunter View Post
          David - Thanks for the welcome! I've been to the Peach Park in Clanton a few times driving south.
          LOVE the Peach Park. Just between you and me, though, I'm not much of a peach fan and usually get their blueberry cobbler.

Comment

WELCOME WJ

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here