Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hi everybody,

I am a new member, My name is Brett I live in Buda TX (10 min south of Austin). I'm excited to be a member of this community. I'm closing on my first house in 2 months and after years of living in apartments I am excited to get back to being able to grill, smoke and prepare food as god intended, over fire. I got the Meathead book after hearing that it had science stuff in it (I am a sucker for food science stuff) and it led me here. looking forward to sharing pictures and swapping recipes!

Welcome to The Pit bcoz! We're glad you joined and look forward to having you around, seeing your photos and recipes. Have you purchased any cookers for your house yet, or decided on what your buying?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Brett!

Comment

hi fuzzydaddy, for my house I'm buying a Pit Barrel Cooker and probably a good gas grill (5 or 6 burner from Char Broil probably). I'm hoping to get a pellet cooker or good stick burner at some point but that'll likely be after I get back into to the swing of making my own recipes. I do all the cooking in my house and spent some time at New England Culinary Institute in Burlington VT (where I realized I love cooking just restaurant work isn't for me).

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds great. It's nice to have a house where you can have all the cookers you want (or can afford). I've bought a house in Florida and have much more room for my cookers than my place in Tennessee..

Welcome bcoz

Comment

Welcome aboard bcoz! Any body who uses the word stuff twice in the same sentence is A-OK with me. Looking forward to your contributions. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

bcoz Welcome to the Pit! Unless my memory fails me Salt Lick is almost in your backyard.

Comment

• bcoz
              bcoz commented
              Editing a comment
              indeed it is! also about 20 minutes from Lockhart where Black's, Kreuz market and Smitty's all are, also not too far north we have Freedman's, La Barbecue and Franklin in Austin.

Welcome to tue Pit! We're glad you're here! 😎

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bcoz! Thanks for joining up with us. Congrats on the new place! I knwo the joys of once again getting your own backyard and being able to do what you want, namely smoke all day long! Please check out our Searchable Reviews section (if you haven't already) to help you narrow down your choices. Max and Meathead have worked hard to provide honest feedback on many cookers, to help save you money & trouble.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Howdy from Georgetown, TX!

Comment

bcoz, Brett, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Getting to be a lot of you Texan Members of The Pit! Some Day I will have to tell you about the two old Farmers one from Texas the other from North Dakota that met at a Convention!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From. A Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• rip1877
                    rip1877 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How many members does it take to get a charter?

Greetings from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit, looking forward to what you have to share. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome !!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Austin!

Comment

• bcoz
                          bcoz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Right up the road!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here