Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Yucca Valley, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Yucca Valley, CA

Hello, I've been using the site for a couple of years now and joined the club primarily to say "Thank You". This is by far the best BBQ site on the web, the recipes are complete and accurate, and the overall information you guys provide has improved my cooking tremendously.
    I started with the low and slow about 4 years ago on a cheap old off-set that was wasting away in one of my brother in laws backyard, really as an alternative to standing in his garage and drinking beer. I figured we could clean that thing up, learn how to use it, and then we could sit under the tree and drink beer, and I was hooked. I finally got serious last year and bought myself an 18.5" WSM, primarily because of the gold medal review it received on this site. I couldn't be happier with the thing, what an immediate improvement, now people are asking me to cook. It's all because of the stuff I'm learning from you guys on this site.
    Thanks again,

Hey there Ivan, Welcome to the pit. Glad to have you aboard.

There's a ton to learn on this site for sure. I cant wait to see some pics of your cooks and such.

Your timings perfect. We are starting a channel on bullet smokers and would love to have you join us. Come on over when you get a chance.

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...bullet-smokers

Comment

• Ivan Hyso
      Ivan Hyso commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jon, I'll do that.

Glad to have ya and thanks for the support!!!

So what is in the Yucca Valley?

Comment

Welcome Ivan! It's great to read stories like this where people start getting BBQ requests, I think we've all been there. Fun isn't it? Sometimes you can just soak in the glory and let them think you just KNOW your stuff and didn't have to learn it. Other times you can share AmazingRibs.com, ha ha.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

• Ivan Hyso
        Ivan Hyso commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee,
        It really is fun, especially when I got to the point where I could produce consistently good food on command. People seem to like it better when they get to eat at the time you tell them and the food they've been waiting for is worth the waiting.
        Really can't say enough about this site and the great work you guys are doing here, it's made all the difference.
        Your tutorial on posting a picture was perfect, worked just like you said it would.
        Keep up the good work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	yucca.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	21213
      Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Glad to have ya and thanks for the support!!!

So what is in the Yucca Valley?
      Yuccas
      Last edited by Ivan Hyso; September 28, 2014, 05:33 AM.

Comment

I see yuccas. I see mountains in the distance. Yup, Yucca Valley.

Comment

Neat, I'm guessing until you run into one.

Comment

• Ivan Hyso
            Ivan Hyso commented
            Editing a comment
            You would be correct sir, leaves bruise for 6 months.
            But really, Yucca Valley is in the Mojave desert, right next to Joshua Tree National Park, about 120 mi. due east of Los Angeles. Very rural - off road vehicles, horses, rock climbing are the main activities. And BBQ of course!

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I once squatted on a cactus, them things are barbed!!!

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          I see yuccas. I see mountains in the distance. Yup, Yucca Valley.

True story. I spent a week there dropping troops in a HALO exercise while the wife shoveled snow off our driveway. She couldn't be made because, HEY, I had orders!

That was a fun week of flying, playing golf, and hangin out.

Comment

Welcome Ivan! When you have a moment check out tip #1 in my tips thread. It will show you how to complete that signature. We look forward to seeing you around!

Dave

Comment

• Ivan Hyso
              Ivan Hyso commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Dave,
              Really loving the site and all the work you guys are doing.

Welcome Ivan Glad to have another Desert Dweller here I am in Indio

Comment

• Ivan Hyso
              Ivan Hyso commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Thom, thanks for the welcome.
              I get to Indio fairly often, Elms and HD Waterworks.

I am just north of the freeway near the auto dealers You doing construction in the High Desert? Back in the day I was the Budwiser guy from Monongo to 29 Palms What are you cooking on?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here