Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old but new to the Bbq world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old but new to the Bbq world

New to the Pit and the smoking world. Just bought a pellet smoker and ready to try it out. Thanks for sharing all your info.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit... 👍 There's lots of pellet smoker owners in the Pit. I'm sure they will gladly help you shorten your learning curve on your new cooker. Tell them the brand and size of your cooker and they will probably know what you need to look out for. What do you want to smoke in it?

Comment

• Beertothebone
        Beertothebone commented
        Editing a comment
        I want to start off with a Tritip. Just bought an injector and reading a lot on the different marinades. But really want to try a Brisket. Need to get my feet wet before I try it.

Welcome to The Pit Beertothebone. Looking forward to having you around! Do you have a good digital thermometer, such as a Maverick ET-732 or ThermoWorks DOT or ChefAlarm?

Comment

Welcome Beertothebone

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome aboard George Thurogood. Oh, that was bad to the bone. Well, welcome anyways. There are a lot of us geezers on this site. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Beertothebone! Glad to have you here, thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome fellow pellet cooker. I too just joined this forum and also bought my first pellet grill (though I'm still impatiently awaiting delivery )

Good luck. I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the new cooker.

Mark N

Comment

Welcome to the pit from a fellow pellet head. You definitely want to invest in a good digital thermometer ( Maverick ) I have a Camp Chef DLX and the meat probe is pretty accurate but the grill temp is off. Once you learn your cooker you will really enjoy it. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Beertothebone Welcome! Love the Pit name. Can we all assume that beer is one of your favorite indulgences? I was a beer "connoisseur" long before I became so interested in BBQ. Beeradvocate.com is another favorite site of mine. Enjoy your new smoker. The folks here will humble you rather quickly with their vast knowledge and experience. You'll be dazzling family and friends before you know it. Have fun!

Comment

Beertothebone, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ University! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Good Luck with Your New Smoker! In addition to a Maverick Et 732/733 dual probe leave in thermometer,
                    I would recommend you invest in an instant read digital thermometer for quick checks of your Cooks Temps! Consider the ThermoWorks Mk-4, I have the older Classic version but I like the Mk-4's new features.
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You have equipment. Check in regularly and you are good to go.

Comment

Howdy from Tejas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here