Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DHopps From Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHopps From Michigan

Backyard BBQ NUTT!! Over the years I've learned more from Meathead and AmazingRibs.com than any other entity known!! I appreciate everything Meathead and this site provide to the BBQ community!!!!

Great to have you aboard fellow Michigan resident and Tigers fan! Where in MI do you hail from? We look forward to hearing about your grill(s)/smoker(s) and your past & future success stories.

When you get a min, check out Pit Boss' Welcome post on the main Pit page, including the Tips post. This will help you fill out your signature as well as learn how to post pics here. Enojy!

Comment

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the greeting! I reside in Burton...bout a mile outside of Flint. I think I fixed my sig this am so all of my equip info is updated.

Where the heck are all the Michigan folks coming from today? Hmmm perhaps there's an obvious answer to that question.

Welcome to The Pit DHopps! You need to work a little harder on that sig

Comment

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      I learned of this feature for the site thru Meathead on his monthly visit to the BBQ Central Radio Show

Welcome Dhops. I hope that the love of BBQ within the brotherhood of this great community will allow us to leave our differences aside. GO BUCKS! ;-)

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      We always leave our differences at the door. But if you go back to the door you'll see the Tigers are kicking butt!

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Yea... I'm a Spartan but hold no grudges as like my grandpappy used to say......"dont get yer knickers in a bunch - its only a game"

SPARTY ON!!!

They may be, I kinda just like to pass the time till football starts ;-) this whole BBQ thing keeps my mind off of it.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point!

Hey DH welcome, I'm a Gen county guy myself. Good to meet you.

Comment

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL....I will occasionally find them at Gordons but they are tiny.....9 to 11lbs...full packer.....$3.99 a lb tho. Guess that will have to work!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Not bad at all, I'd be happy with that. I'll have to check Gordon's, I didn't think of that. What grade do they sell, you know?

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      USDA Choice is the grade. I just like a larger point is all.....I smoke the Brisket - give away the flat and keep the point for Burnt Ends.

Huskee don't feel too bad. WalMart want's $6 a lb for brisket flat here. If I order a whole packer from my grocery store, though, they only charge $4 a lb. They don't carry them so I have to talk to Justin (my butcher) and ask him to special order it.

Comment

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I went to Sam's Club....ya know the chain warehouse store that sponsors a huge KCBS BBQ competition Nationwide...and asked if I could order a full packer...he looked at me like I was speaking a foriegn language. They have flats and charge close to $7lb.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      I think in my case I'm just lucky because my grocer doesn't normally carry whole packers. For whatever reason their order sheet lists them at $4 a lb. I feel like I'm breaking the law a little bit when I buy them as they're Angus quality, and pretty good Angus to boot.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here