Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Tampa

Hello fellow BBQ enthusiasts. I have been using this website for years. Not on purpose but because it is such a great resource, it always comes up in a Web search. I recently purchases Meatheads book and I have to say it is nothing short of amazing.

I moved to Tampa from Lisle IL 5 years ago and it may be hot here but I always have great weather for BBQ. I have been cooking most of my protein on my Weber Performer for the last three years and a cheap offset smoker before that and a gas grill before that.

I recently purchased a Pit Barrel Cooker off Craigslist. The great reviews of it on Amazon and we'll, everywhere were just to good to not try it. This morning I started a 10 lb pork butt on the PBC and I anticipate it will be great. Besides small cuts of pork, ribs, chicken, and steak. I only cook large cuts of meat a couple of times a year. But when I do, I make sure to freshen up on my techniques by rereading my favorite BBQ resources and any new ones I come across.

Whew a little all overy the place but ya, that why I'm here. Thanks for this amazing resource.

Welcome Shff1984! We're glad you're here. We'd love to see some pics of that cook!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana... The PBC is awesome I love mine... I also love my Weber kettle now that I have a Slow'N'Sear to go with it.... I highly recommend getting Slow'N'Sear if you are still using your kettle... I think you will find a lot of people like the combination of having a PBC and a Kettle.

Comment

Thanks, i stll use the kettle, i will have to look into the slow and sear.

Hmm, I am trying to upload a pic from.my LG phone but it isn't working. I looked at the # 2 instructions. It says the file extension doesn't match the content. Have you had this before?

Comment

Ok i think i got it. I posted this pic to an event on facebook, then downloaded it from facebook and uploaded from the downloads file on my phone.
          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome Shff1984

Comment

Welcome to the Pit ... and to the PBC community here on AR!

Comment

Welcome aboard Shff1984. I'm currently east of Pensacola in Milton. You've got some nice cookers and thanks for the pork butt photo in your PBC. Looking forward to the finished pictures. See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Shff1984! Nice to have you here, congrats on the new gear too!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here