Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawn Guyland in the House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn Guyland in the House

Hello all. After freeloading on this site for a few years, I figured it was time to actual contribute. I am a Yankee (actually a Mets fan, can't stand the Yankees) from Long Island, New York.

Although I grew up with a propane grilling family, I prefer charcoal on the Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear. So many recommendations and advice here has allowed me to up my game, and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing more.

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Elecsheep9

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here. The SNS gets a lot of playing time around here. So you are in good company.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Elecsheep9. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Great choices on the Kettle and SnS. Hope to see you often!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Elecsheep9 Welcome to The Pit! I'm not a Met or a Yankee but my Dad had a signed baseball that said "To my friend Willard - Babe Ruth". Does that count for anything? Happy learning! Have fun!

Comment

Ribber It depends. Was the Babe with the Red Sox or the Yankees when he signed it? On second thought, it doesn't matter. LOL! Actually, that's pretty cool.

Comment

Elecsheep9 He was a Yankee. My father was born in Yonkers but after about the age of 9, he grew up in Miami. But my Dad's side hailed from New York and my Mom's from Georgia. How's that for a combination? So when you combine a New Yorker with a Georgian you get a Floridian, that's me!

Comment

Ribber When you combine a New Yorker and old age, you also get a Floridian! :-)

Comment

• Ribber
                    Ribber commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL! That's a dang good one there...wish I could claim that one. May I have permission to use that in general conversation? I'm not a Stand-up comedian so no need to worry about me using it on stage!

Feel free to use it. My royalties are $0.10 per use for non-commercial usage, $0.25 per use for commercial usage. :-)

Comment

• Ribber
                    Ribber commented
                    Editing a comment
                    :-) Hope you enjoy the site!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Elecsheep9, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Another Weber & S 'n S Fan
                    here! I have two Kettles one Performer Deluxe with a Med Vortex the other is an Older Performer with the S 'n S, a BBQ Guru DigiQ Dx2 Temp Cont, and
                    a baffle plate!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	206629 Click image for larger version

Views:	93
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	206630 Click image for larger version

Views:	96
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	206633 Click image for larger version

Views:	111
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	206631 Click image for larger version

Views:	94
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	206634 Click image for larger version

Views:	83
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	206632

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Elecsheep9! Happy to have you here.

Comment

Hey, we like freeloaders too. Welcome aboard! When you go to sleep do you count sheep electrically? Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Danjohnston949 I like your set up.

I've got a Performer Premium which I, no lie, got for less than half off under some very strange circumstances. They guy advertises on craigslist and he has, basically a giant storage locker full of weber grills, accessories and other random things. He said it was from contractors who order them for jobs and then don't end up using them. Not sure on that one, but Weber honored their warranty for a broken piece.

Then just last week I got the 26 inch kettle (was so tempted to get the Summit, but I just can't justify the expense.)

Both with a Slow n Sear, and I feel like I am set for the time being (although the wife has indicated she wants a gas grill for convenience.)

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                            Danjohnston949 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Guest, Thanks! I think you will enjoy your New Weber and S 'n S! Make sure you study the fine Tutorial on Temp Cont on Adrenaline BBQ .Com! Guest & Guest and the good people at Adrenaline have don an Excellant Job on the Weber and S 'n S Techniques! A Backyard Cremator in Fargo, Dan

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here