Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings for Port Washington, WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings for Port Washington, WI

Name: Curling Dog
    Likes: the sport of Curling, craft beer (Belgium Dubbel's, Tripel's, Quads, mainly), slow smoking large clods of meat, babying babybacks and general geeking out on grilling meat, grill equipment and trying new recipes.
    Favorite rub: Meatheads Memphis Dust (slightly modified)
    Favorite sauce: Sweet Baby Ray's Hot and Spicy
    Grill History: like most, An 18" Weber Kettle was my first grill. Purchased back in 1986, it's followed me ever since and i still use it to this day. Like most back yard cooks, i take pride and great pleasure in grilling up for for friends and loved ones. I've never entered a BBQ competition. I've never judged a BBQ competition. I stumbled across the AR website while researching a better way to cook big clods of meat. My previous attempts were only met with minimal success... i suffered from inadequate smoking equipment. I had cobbled together a Brinkman bullet purchased at a flea market for $10, with a used Weber Smokey Joe for a heat source. I also modified the Brinkman to control the exhaust by lining the rim with oven gasket and cutting small holes in the dome (three 1" holes). In addition, i cut another hole in the bottom of the smokey joe and attached an air supply tube with a computer fan and controller to help moderate the swings in temperature. Now, my primary griling tool is a Traeger Jr Elite.

I look forward to reading more in the PIT and trying different techniques and recipes posted on AR. If you are ever in the neighborhood, drop me a line.
    Last edited by CurlingDog; September 25, 2014, 02:47 PM.

Greetings CurlingDog! You forgot to mention curling in your likes! Welcome to The Pit and thanks for your support here. Sounds like you're going to have a great time here conversing with folks like yourself who have a long history of grilling & smoking the bovine & porcine animals.

Great job setting up your signature already! When you get a minute, (if you haven't already) check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. There's also a post in there that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome CD! Your story and history regarding barbecue are shared by many here. Thank goodness we all now know better!

Comment

Hey Dog, WELCOME! Man I'd love to see some pics of that mod'ed up Brinkman.

If you have any and care to share stop in over on the bullet channel. I love mods. Your sounds all kinds of cool.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here