Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Joined last week. I've been enjoying Meathead's book for a few weeks. I'd consider myself a pretty serious Harold McGee fan, having worn out one copy of On Food And Cooking. My gear consists of a Weber Genesis Silver 'C' and a Masterbuilt gas smoker. I've been doing sous vide for a couple of years and also have a Viking Range (all of my friends bought Harleys when we hit our midlife crisis, I bought a stove.

I'm pretty happy with how my cooking turns out, but the process of calibrating my smoker and grill to 225 and 325 has really helped. For my birthday my wife just got me the Thermoworks Therma Q 2 probe model. I already had the Chef Alarm and Thermapen.

I live in Santa Rosa, California, and work for the County. Besides cooking I play bass semi professionally (anything that pays, plus Celtic and folk) and do some photography on the side.

Looking forward to kicking my pitmaster chops up a few notches. Next step is building a wood pit smoker as there is a great local source for wood.

My main project in the future is remodeling the back yard; I have a vision for building an outdoor cooking center with a pit, gas lines to power grill and smoker and a SERIOUS flame for wok cooking (which I really love doing).

Thanks!

Welcome Tri0de

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you here.

Comment

HI! Have you ever tried the trick of using a wok on a charcoal chimney? I hear that's the way to do it (still haven't found my wok after moving 3 yrs ago).

Sounds like you have big dreams for the yard. Wanna see pix when it happens!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tri0de. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support. Great job on setting up your signature, and when you have time add your digital thermometers.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, you are at the correct spot to up your game. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tri0de! Thanks for joining up with us. I look forward to seeing pics of your new backyard setup when the time comes!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Tri0de, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome! Try a cast-iron wok over the new weber premium grate with the circle insert that comes out. You won't be disappointed!

Comment

Well, damn... this place is *EXPENSIVE*

So far, this joint has cost me:

A therma Q dual probe (actually B day gift from the wife)
                        SanJuan nomex mitt

And yesterday pulled the trigger on a PBC :-)

$29 a year... I don't think so..... :-)

Comment

Tri0de you're just getting started. I wouldn't dare list all I've purchased. I would exceed the limit of characters in a post.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tri0de . Please post a picture of that stove!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here