Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Pelham NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Pelham NY

been a member of Amazing Ribs for 2 years, and now just joined pit masters club. Looking forward to meeting all you pit masters and hoping for some help w/smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving

Welcome nrf83! Glad to have you here, thanks for the support. We'd be glad to help you with the turkey. My first suggestion is to get a whole chicken, and try that. Once you figure out how to do it, a turkey is much the same, just obviously bigger. To reall be able to help you though, we need to kow what you're cooking on, and what thermometer you're using. If you've been hanging around for 2 yrs you've undoubtedly read about Meathead's (and the rest of us too) disdain for metal thermometers. Most important thing- make sure you have a reliable digital thermometer. Next, tell us what you're cooking on.... Then be sure to put this information in your signature!

On that note, when you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Hello nrf, nice to meet you.

Comment

I have weber and use only charcoal; my thermometer is a Maverick (metal) and seems to work quite nicely. I've smoked turkeys for years mostly using mesquite. Because of the amount of people that attend I have been using 2 webers to smoke 2 15lb turkeys. I guess I am looking for a new recipe as I have been doing the same for years and I would like to branch out. I look forward to learning from the Masters as I am anxious to broaden my knowledge base Thans for the kind words. Hi to you too Jon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here