Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long time lurker....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long time lurker....

Hello all.
    I've been a big fan of this site for the last four to five years, and have posted many positive things about it on the Big Poppa smokers site. Just bought the book and am now on my 90 day trial. I used to cook on a 52" gas grill until I got my drum. I have since given that gas grill away!

My favorite thing to make is probably brisket. But most often I'm smoking pulled pork. On the occasions I do trip tip I have been using white oak logs on the drum. I have also done the stuffed pork loin, many racks of ribs, butterflied chickens and turkeys, pizzas, steaks and gourmet burgers, and the fancy schmancy salmon is a family favorite.

Last week I purchased a traeger and used it alongside my drum to smoke 115lbs of pulled pork for a retirement party. It was a hit, thanks to this site. There were some issues I had with the traeger that led me to return it today and order a green mountain Jim Bowie. I have been asked next to smoke twice as much pork for the next event, so I need all the room on that Bowie!

I live on the central California coast with my wife and three children. I'm glad to be a part of this site and would be happy to help answer any questions that I am able to.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Boy we've had a lot of lurkers out there. I was one of them too. Glad to have you with us instead of in the weeds. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome bcmcmoose

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bcmcmoose! We're happy to have you here with us, thanks for sharing the love over at Big Poppa's! great job setting up your signature too, by the way.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, please share pics. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard bcmcmoose. Looking forward to seeing you around The Pit!

Comment

Another "Lurker" confession! Welcome! The folks here are insanely knowledgeable about grilling and q'ing. I hope to learn from you as well.

Comment

bcmcmoose, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here!! 😎

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you hear. How do you like that Drum smoker?

Comment

Very happy with it. I can consistently get 14-15 hr cooks at 225 on one full load of lump. Temp control is a breeze with the vent system. And if you raise the coal basket up under the grill you can get it so hot it starts to make the grill droop a bit. Great piece of kit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here