Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary In Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary In Southern California

Just a start but my equipment includes:
    - Large BGE slightly modified with cast iron top grates and stainless bottom grate,
    - Viking Professional 3 burner with 2 side burners (propane),
    - Texas Pit Crafters smoker tower and separate firebox / grill.
    - Built in Texas Pit Crafters burner.
    - Rock's Stoker
    - Maverick Pro Temp

By far use the BGE most since it is generally my wife and me and it's so easy and good. Use Viking if having a party with 20+ friends for grilling, use the Texas Crafters setup for large amounts of smoking meats, and use the burner for woks. Lump of choice is KJ unless I do larger smokes when I use lump / wood from local wholesaler. Smoke of choice is oak, almond or alder. My favorite to prepare is 2-2-1 baby backs.
    Last edited by Gary92067; August 1, 2016, 05:44 AM.

You are good to go with equipment. Welcome to the Pit! I am a BGE guy and love it.

Comment

Welcome aboard Gary. You had MCS before you knew you had it. With your equipment you will be a great addition. Enjoy the ride! I can see you as a noble contributor right away.

Comment

Slightly coated Hamachi tonight from Santa Monica Seafood on the outdoor burner. We did surf (Santa Monica Seafood) and turf (Snake River Farms in Idaho).
        Last edited by Gary92067; August 1, 2016, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Welcome Gary92067

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Gary92067! Nice ot have you here with us. It sounds like you have a mighty fine collection of cookers there! Now, let's get those added to your signature. If you need help just holler. Thanks for joining us here in The Pit!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Gary, sounds like you have a lot to offer. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard Gary92067. See your around The Pit!

Comment

Gary92067, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here