Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry in Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry in Idaho

I've lurked on this site long enough and decided to pay my dues. I'm retired and smoking/grilling is a hobby I enjoy along with turning out some wood things on a midi-lathe and a scroll saw. I've been grilling off and on for over 60 years and smoking intermittently since about 1983. I went with charcoal for a long time before switching mostly to propane. I do break out my Weber 22.5" grill when the weather isn't too hot. In Idaho that's spring and fall and maybe a little bit in the winter. The rest of the time I'm on a Char-Broil 3 burner with a rotisserie that I also occasionally use for smoking.

When it comes to smoking I used to use a custom built offset log burner that my son in Maryland still smokes with. Currently I am smoking on a Bradley 4 shelf digital, a 20 pound hot plate smoker from The Sausage Maker with a Smoke Daddy hanging off the side and a Traeger Li'l Tex from the days they were made in the USA. I smoke the usual suspects most of the time. I've been able to get some rubs and marinades balanced for the family's taste and do BBQ sauce from Eastern North Caroline, South Carolina, Memphis Tennessee, and KC. When I'm being lazy I use KC Masterpiece Original.

I'm looking forward to getting some quality ideas and advice.

Welcome smoke gambler

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here!

Comment

smoke gambler Welcome to The Pit. Glad you joined! Have any photos of your cookers you would post?

Comment

Welcome aboard smoke gambler r! Whew that's quite a moniker. Also, sounds like you have been doing a lot of the right stuff for a while. I was burnin & killin stuff for about 30 yrs. Then started to learn a little, than made a quantum leap when I found this site. I know you are looking to learn, but by the looks of things we might be able to do a little learning ourselves. Glad to have you,enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smoke gambler! It's nice to have you and your experience here with us. We look froward to more from you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Until next time!

Comment

Smoke gambler, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ University! Attendance is mandatory! I have a feeling You can take the advanced classes!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from meridian idaho

Comment

• smoke gambler
                    smoke gambler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We're not far apart. I'm in Caldwell.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here