Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't do much grilling or smoking until I found this site...now it's become an addiction. Have an old Brinkman 6-burner gas grill that worked, but not well. Didn't know the difference between indirect and direct. Now I am looking at a new grill (can't decide whether to go gas or pellet) and I've already done a brisket, pulled pork, and prime rib on a heavily modified Char-Grill offset smoker.

Would love to post pictures, but the family would rather eat than allow me to take the "beauty shot".

Would like some feedback on the grill though, I was going to donate the old Brinkman to the shop where I work, but if I opt for a pellet grill, should I rehab it (needs just about everything). Any thoughts from experienced grillers/smoker types would be appreciated.

Got the Meathead book as an anniversary gift, I think my wife is just enjoying the respite from the kitchen. Thanks in advance to everyone. Look forward to the information on the site.

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard offdutyagain. We're glad you're here! Have you looked at the ratings & reviews page to help you in your new grill search?

Comment

Welcome offdutyagain

Comment

Welcome aboard offduty! Did I see you use the word addiction. Can you say MCS. It already sounds like you have the beginning of the affliction. Glad to have you, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit offdutyagain! Thanks for joining up with us! Choices choices, it's never easy to decide on near gear. All of us here will be happy to help in any way we can by answering questions to help you narrow your choices down.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

@ofdutyagain, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ University! Attendance is Mandatory!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit. I use a Camp Chef DLX and love it. I believe you would enjoy the pellet world. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here