Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rancherstriker, glad to meet you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rancherstriker, glad to meet you guys!

Hi! Fernando from Monterrey, México (recently moved to Queretaro), 36, and a lover of food and cooking since someone teached me to cook at my 20s (yeah, late starter). I absolutely love cooking pretty much whatever I can find (except for bread and bakery stuff... I haven't learned to). Bought a Weber performer somewhere along the way and on this page recommendation bought a smokenator.

I grew up in the northern area of México, with my rancher parents and 6 siblings. That pretty much means that along the way I learned to grill and eat a lot of stuff that people without that background wouldn't even try to eat (grilled rattlesnake, anyone?).

For me, cooking is more than just getting some raw stuff and make something delicious out of it. It's the time and effort you invest in making something that others will enjoy. I love cooking for my family and friends, and usually I'm the one proposing get togethers just to try new recipes and enjoy the company.

Glad to be here, as this is a place where I have directed a lot of people asking me how to improve their skills or how to prepare something.

Welcome! Can't wait to see some grilled rattlesnake!

Comment

Welcome!

I work with folks from Guanajuato, Oaxaca, and Saltillo. And a couple other places I can't even begin to recall.

Comment

Welcome Rancherstriker

Comment

Welcome aboard Fernando! I have a big question. Does rattlesnake taste like chicken? (A little tongue in cheek there).
          Don't feel bad about being a late starter. I did'nt start cooking until my mid fifties. Prior to that I burned & killed a lot of stuff, I was good at toast though. You will learn much & it definetly sounds like you will enjoy very much. Again, welcome!

Comment

• Rancherstriker
            Rancherstriker commented
            Editing a comment
            Chicken is just the generic flavor of white meat.... and Indeed, it does taste like chicken!

Welcome to The Pit Rancherstriker. We're glad you're here.

Comment

Bienvenido, Fernando.

We're all looking forward to your contributions.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rancherstriker / Fernando! It's great to have you here, thanks for joining up with us. What are you cooking on?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here