Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A KY boy hacking BBQ in GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A KY boy hacking BBQ in GA

Hey y'all,

I've been lurking for quite a while but wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I'm a computer security analyst and author originally from western Kentucky (the home of fine mutton and the best basketball team the world has ever known). I spend most of my days catching hackers, which is a nice field to be in right about now because there isn't a shortage of those. I followed a job to Charleston, SC where I lived for a few years where I learned how much I loved shrimp and grits and how much I hate mustard based sauce. Before long I met a pretty Georgia peach and followed her back to her home in the Gainesville, GA area where we've settled down.

I've been grilling and smoking meat for about fifteen years. I got started on my neighbors custom made brick pit back in KY where he taught me how he made some of the best ribs I've ever had. My career is scientific so I try to apply that same approach to my BBQ. I primarily cook on a Lang 60" but I'm in the market for a smaller pellet smoker for recipe development and testing.

I recently started blogging my cooks over at www.hackingbbq.com. There isn't much there now, but I'm hoping I build up a really nice data set as I continue onward and post some of my recipes. I'm all about taking a data driven approach to anything I can, so BBQ is no different for me. Eventually, I'd love to open my own small BBQ spot one day -- that's the dream.

I've already benefitted a lot from being in the pitmaster club and reading the wise words of those here, so I'm thankful for that and hope to contribute myself where I can.

Welcome to the Pit!! I'm gonna check out your blog right now. I would like to see some pics of that Lang. We've got a few Lang owners in here.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome fellow lurker! It will be neat as you interact with the Pit. Sounds & looks like you will have much to contribute. Maybe you can-start by helping one of our members, Danjohnston49 on his "Puter" problems. Enjoy the ride as you probably have already!

Comment

Welcome, from a fellow KY boy still hacking bbq in KY!

Comment

Welcome HackingBBQ I have a Lang 48" Deluxe and love it. Can't wait to see the pics that you will post.
            Last edited by DWCowles; July 29, 2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HackingBBQ. We're glad you're here. Nice looking butts on your 4th of July cook!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HackingBBQ! It's great to have you here with us, and thanks for your support. We're always looking to expand our pictures, tips & tricks and so forth in our stickburner area over in Grills and Smokers > Logs. Feel free to contribute!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here